Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

21 Oct 2022, 10:15 pm

I had a small disagreement with my father, he gets angry with me because I get stressed and irritable with my aunt here, I tell him I feel as if I am ''suffocating'' or have very little ''privacy'', as well as trying to focus on my own life and dog, making sure my life is ''organized'' or ''accurate'', and get very upset if I am deterred, said something is wrong with me mentally, and my family loves being up each others a** sharing everything and can't be alone, yet I prefer my own mind and thoughts, should I see a ''shrink''? then I get upset and go to have ''crying episodes'' because if stress builds up I feel my PTSD is triggered

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 12:38 pm

sounds like typical ASD
do they know about you having it?

beady
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 12:59 pm

It may be helpful to see a therapist to help with your PTSD.
We can offer support but certainly not a diagnosis.

Seems a lot here are more introverted but the others in your family sound like typical extroverts - they thrive on the energy of together and you need solitude to recharge.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 12:40 am

I'd say keep yourself to yourself while your aunt is around, if you don't function well in that nexus. But for some reason I've got a feeling that your dad isn't happy with that and is coercing you to join in.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 8:03 am

therapy can be so helpful and healing, go for it. You may learn new ways to do things that can help tremendously!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2022, 8:17 pm

Sounds like your father has something wrong with him mentally.