Looked like she was interested

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 1:05 am

My history with this particular female dates back to when I was in 7th grade. She was in home room with me and I think I also had a class or two with her. I had a feeling then that she had a thing for me, although at that time the list of those I was open to dating was much more narrow.

Fast forward to this year, I’ve been seeing her working at this place when I’ve gone to eat there and while I’m there picking up DoorDash orders. I’ve again gotten a sense that she liked me. One particular evening I walked in and waved at her and did the finger-wiggling motion when she waved back. Ladies, I’m sure y’all have made this gesture before when you’ve seen a guy you like. Lol.

Last weekend I was like “Screw it. What am I waiting around for?”. I drove by there and saw her sitting by herself at a table. In other words, she was on break. Now’s my chance.

I walk up to her, she says “sup, CBB”. No turning back now.

“Um, do you wanna go out with me sometime?”

“I’m not looking for a relationship”

:roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 6:45 am

No she wasn’t.

You were just having wishful thinking.

“A girl smiled at me, when I smiled at her *first*”

“A girl waved back at me when I waved her”

…etc, all these are wishful thinking.

You chased her and this doesn’t work for average guys like us, it is futile and waste of time.

If a girl really likes you:
viewtopic.php?t=387442

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 12:56 pm

ive noticed that its never a good idea to ask anyone out like that.

What to actually do? i dunno , this an autism forum m8 :D

I disagree with the 'no chase' rule cos there are many examples of someone getting married due to pursuing a woman. Some women are bold and chase after hot guys..but is that the only way to get into a relationship? no way.

I would say , if you see her again, act as if nothing happened ...try to be friendly.

How much did you talk to her while she was working at that place?

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2022, 2:09 pm

I have no idea what gesture you mean tbh. Maybe I'm too old :lol:

But I'm agreeing with boo that she was jyst being friendly and polite.

Also how well do you know this girl? It doesn't sound like you had a proper conversation, so a better choice would be a casual want to grab a coffee, my treat. And she'll more likely agree. Note this isn't a date its friendship forming. It will take time but it can be done

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 2:49 am

klanka wrote:
ive noticed that its never a good idea to ask anyone out like that.

What to actually do? i dunno , this an autism forum m8 :D

I disagree with the 'no chase' rule cos there are many examples of someone getting married due to pursuing a woman. Some women are bold and chase after hot guys..but is that the only way to get into a relationship? no way.

I would say , if you see her again, act as if nothing happened ...try to be friendly.

How much did you talk to her while she was working at that place?

“A man wins a woman by pursuing her” is just an illusion; in 99% of cases the woman makes it super clear.
I did “ask out” my current girlfriend first (it was more like a casual “Hey let’s meet there..”) but that after she sent me (initiated) good mornings and good nights with extensive talk all initiated by her for a week, and adding me on every social media medium; only a mentally challenged wouldn’t figure out what’s going on. So who really did the “first move” here? HER.

My two exes did the same.

So I wanna ask the OP: how much effort this girl ,whom you knew her since 7th grade, ever did to get to know you? Did she ever initiate text/chat you? Did she ever *come to you* to say hi and open a conversation with you? No? Then there was nothing.

Geez, men, every female poster agreed with me in the other thread, this is secret reality that movies don’t tell us, but why many males are still in denial about it?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 4:57 am

Why don’t you want to go to college?