why are most posts here by heterosexual men?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Oct 2022, 6:22 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Because most of the people who post in this section are heterosexual men.
I think the OP is wanting to know why most of the people posting in this section are heterosexual men :wink:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 6:59 am

Because we heterosexual males of WP have all met in Januay 1943, and conspired against women to take over this subforum for ourselves.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 8:19 am

hurtloam wrote:
Women don't feel safe posting here. There are better forums for us to talk on where we don't get attacked and are allowed to share our experiences.

This is the correct answer, OP.

AutomatedStar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2022, 3:08 pm

I feel like there are very peculiar things men on the spectrum go through when it comes to dating and very few places that can show us empathy when it comes to us dealing with those issues. I've been in a Discord server for a few years, it's a community for a certain fighting game. Some of these guys were people I'd consider my friends but in one in one instance, they were all discussing their dates from an app or whatever and I just chimed in and spoke of my plans to maybe go to a poorer country in the future to find a girlfriend since I don't really meet the standards of women in my country. To them, that made me an exploitative *insert evil i buzzword*. I think that sort of led to an epiphany that I should refrain from talking about my dating woes or issues in certain places and among certain people. If I ever do want to talk about my issues with dating or plans to find partners then my go to places are this place and a few others. I feel like most men who frequent this place perhaps feel the same way. You can find men who can empathize in these sorts of places so it's nice.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 10:19 pm

Caz72 wrote:
heterosexual is the majority of sexuality type so that might explain why most men here are heterosexual

What I was about to say! :star:

:lol: :wink:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 10:35 pm

The original poster is probably so embarrassed after reading all of the many obvious answers to her rather silly question that she hasnt returned to her thread. So...its time to close the thread! :lol:

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 3:51 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
There are a lot of heterosexual autistic guys who can't get a girlfriend and who have very little or no dating experience well into adulthood. Naturally we all flock to this section to espouse our grievances.

This is right. It's just wanting to be able to vent and have grievances. Somehow it is taboo. Look at all the MGTOW/Red-Pill/Incel-related threads that got locked. I think there is some kind of societal bias.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 3:56 pm

Caz72 wrote:
if men had their own section here it will probably become adult rated within a day because it will mostly be dominated by sex discussions

I think people just hate more on the male sex drive than the female sex drive.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 3:59 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Women don't feel safe posting here. There are better forums for us to talk on where we don't get attacked and are allowed to share our experiences.

This is the correct answer, OP.

But why do words typed by a keyboard necessarily make people feel unsafe? Does the idea of men venting about wanting a relationship but not getting one make you feel unsafe?

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 4:01 pm

AutomatedStar wrote:
I feel like there are very peculiar things men on the spectrum go through when it comes to dating and very few places that can show us empathy when it comes to us dealing with those issues. I've been in a Discord server for a few years, it's a community for a certain fighting game. Some of these guys were people I'd consider my friends but in one in one instance, they were all discussing their dates from an app or whatever and I just chimed in and spoke of my plans to maybe go to a poorer country in the future to find a girlfriend since I don't really meet the standards of women in my country. To them, that made me an exploitative *insert evil i buzzword*. I think that sort of led to an epiphany that I should refrain from talking about my dating woes or issues in certain places and among certain people. If I ever do want to talk about my issues with dating or plans to find partners then my go to places are this place and a few others. I feel like most men who frequent this place perhaps feel the same way. You can find men who can empathize in these sorts of places so it's nice.

Just suggesting the idea that women have standards too high above men is taken automatically as an attack on women, and that just makes these men even more bitter and mad.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 2:08 pm

I think I would like to echo what some of what the previous posters have said... the answer seems pretty obvious.

Succinctly:

a) There is a ratio of about 4:1 of male Autistic folk versus female Autistic folk worldwide (source - everywhere you ask that question on the web). Inevitably there will be more lonely men who will end up on an Autistic forum in a love & dating section.

b) Most men who are gay probably won't have as much trouble getting dates as men who are Autistic & heterosexual, whether they are Autistic or not. Dating websites for gay men are like sausage fests, or so I have heard. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Nov 2022, 10:07 pm

In regards to some of the hostility that was eluded to in this thread, there is a report button on the bottom of every post. If anybody really believes that any post is a deliberate attack, Please Report the offending post. Our mods are human but they are really trying. I reported something a week or so ago that the mods took action on. That said, it is important to keep in mind that autism is a form of social disability. Some of the autism symptoms include literal thinking, black & white thinking, & lack of empathy. Lots of us have problems with NTs not understanding us & we also have problems understanding them as well. We don't just have problems understanding NTs, we also can have problems understanding each other. This is a support forum so lots of us posts here when we are struggling & some of us do not word things well when we are frustrated. Plus some of us are much more articulate than others when we are not upset. Also some of us have some triggers that easily upset us. I've seen lots of posters that had words put in their mouths so to speak & got accused of saying things that they were not intending to say. I've had these problems on WP some but they were much worse on other forums. We should try to give each other the benefit of the doubt & ask for more clarification about what someone meant instead of flipping out over a potential misunderstanding. I really need to try harder to take my own advice because this is much easier said than done. I think it's amazing that we get along as well as we do on here but we should still try to do even better because I know that we can do better. The mods can help us with this if we help them help us by reporting posts & asking for clarification if we're unsure about the interpretation of a rule. If we're thinking about posting something that we suspect might be crossing the line, maybe PM a mod a rough draft 1st.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 3:05 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I think I would like to echo what some of what the previous posters have said... the answer seems pretty obvious.

Succinctly:

a) There is a ratio of about 4:1 of male Autistic folk versus female Autistic folk worldwide (source - everywhere you ask that question on the web). Inevitably there will be more lonely men who will end up on an Autistic forum in a love & dating section.

b) Most men who are gay probably won't have as much trouble getting dates as men who are Autistic & heterosexual, whether they are Autistic or not. Dating websites for gay men are like sausage fests, or so I have heard. :lol:

All dating websites are sausage fest.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 3:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

After spending time on dating sites women seemingly become trained to think that all men are predators.

Been on the receiving end of that treatment myself. :(

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 10:45 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Succinctly:

That is a salient point.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 12:10 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

After spending time on dating sites women seemingly become trained to think that all men are predators.

Been on the receiving end of that treatment myself. :(

I mean should women trust guys they met on dating sites and haven't met in person yet?

Still, though I can imagine it sucks for a guy to get that treatment where it is not the case, but it's more about being cautious for ones safety than assuming all men are predators.