Is abortion just as bad as killing a newborn baby?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2022, 6:24 pm

Is abortion just as bad as killing a newborn baby?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 6:31 pm

No.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 7:19 pm

Quote:
Is Abortion Just As Bad As Killing A Newborn Baby?

Depends who you ask, especially if the child is wanted.

Here's a story I've read:
https://www.theatlantic.com/personal/ar ... ip/623381/

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 8:07 pm

A newborn baby is capable of feeling pain and suffering. Whether or not an embryo that's a few days old can is... debatable.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 8:26 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
A newborn baby is capable of feeling pain and suffering. Whether or not an embryo that's a few days old can is... debatable.

And whose pain you're talking about anyway. The parents feel it too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 8:35 pm

Yes it is. My opinion is that every life is worth living and that's where I stand and I do not wish to debate this issue, because I'm too sensitive to handle debates on this topic.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 8:46 pm

To the OP. You should take up a hobby.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 8:49 pm

A lot of religious nutters think it's worse, because you can't push your religious agenda on the country with a newborn baby.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 2:06 am

No. Most abortions are done when the thing inside the womb is still just a lump of cells. The lump of cells inside a woman's womb is like a parasite in a woman's body and threatens her life and health plus limits what she can do, while a baby that's been born does not. So no, a woman making the decision to not want to risk her life and health to bring the pregnancy to the term is not as bad as killing a baby. In fact, it's not bad at all. Her body = her choice.

But if you're asking if damaging a woman who is in her first months of pregnancy so badly that she miscarries against her will is as bad as killing a baby, then that'd be a little harder question, one that I don't know the answer to. On one hand, the thing inside the womb isn't a baby at that point, so while it's bad, it's probably not as bad as killing a baby, but on the other hand, it still violates another person's, the pregnant woman's, right to decide what happens to her own body, so maybe it is?

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 2:36 am

No. Not while the foetus is just a bunch of cells with no nervous system or brain and is not sentient.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 9:34 am

Radish wrote:
No. Not while the foetus is just a bunch of cells with no nervous system or brain and is not sentient.

It's odd that people keep saying things like this, when, this is not the 18th century anymore, we don't need to speculate about what the baby in the womb is, we can just go and look.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 9:41 am

Fireblossom wrote:
No. Most abortions are done when the thing inside the womb is still just a lump of cells. The lump of cells inside a woman's womb is like a parasite in a woman's body and threatens her life...

Such ugly words to describe such a beautiful thing.

Their is something ugly and bitter about such language, it's similar to calling an infant joyfully sucking on the breast "A disgusting leech!! !".

Isn't it just lovely.
It's sleeping like a cat in front of a nice cosy fireplace.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 10:32 am

r00tb33r wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

And whose pain you're talking about anyway. The parents feel it too.

I'm talking about the baby's pain and suffering. If the parents didn't want the baby, then the baby will very likely feel it even more.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 10:42 am

SpiceWolf wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
No. Most abortions are done when the thing inside the womb is still just a lump of cells. The lump of cells inside a woman's womb is like a parasite in a woman's body and threatens her life...

Such ugly words to describe such a beautiful thing.

Their is something ugly and bitter about such language, it's similar to calling an infant joyfully sucking on the breast "A disgusting leech!! !".

Isn't it just lovely.
It's sleeping like a cat in front of a nice cosy fireplace.

It's a scientific fact that the mother is seriously harmed by having a growing infant inside her throughout her whole pregnancy. And there's nothing beautiful about morning sickness, which I would be terrified to go through due to emetophphobia. Some women suffer hyperemesis gravidarum, which sounds like a spell from Harry Potter but is morning sickness so severe they can end up hospitalized. And then there's the fabulous, fun filled agonizing pain during childbirth, which last for hours on end until something about the size of a watermelon comes out of an opening that normally about the size of a quarter, with plenty of blood and placenta gushing out.

Personally, I think having a baby is a punishment for having sex. Of course, there are ways to prevent it during sex but of them are 100% effective. This is just my opinion, obviously there are people who are going to hate it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 12:28 pm

League_Girl wrote:
No.

^This.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Oct 2022, 12:39 pm

Killing a zygote or embryo is about analogous to swallowing.

Killing a foetus up to about 30 weeks is less bad than killing a mouse (ignoring that it's also a parasite).

Killing an unwanted newborn is about as bad as killing a chicken.

All changes if the baby is wanted, of course, as does whether it is in or out of the womb. If it's in the womb then the mother should have total control. If it is out of the womb then if anyone wants to take responsibility for it, then they should be able to.

If it is in the womb and the mother wants it, killing it is like killing a pet. If it is out of the womb and anyone wants it, likewise.