Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 6:37 pm

What are some examples of something you tried and failed to do, that most people find easy?

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 7:04 pm

Oh, I fail at a lot of things. I tried to go to university (three of four separate times), couldn't handle it and stopped attending each time. I can't hold down a job...get too overwhelmed and quit. I've tried working time and time again, only to have to stop because I can't handle it. I can't manage paperwork to save my backside, which is unfortunate because of my medical bills and my inability to get myself medicade despite qualifying for it... it is the process of getting it that I cannot seem to manage. I'm going to get denied for noncompliance because I can't do the paperwork. These come to mind...things others do with ease that I can't do. I'm sure there's more, those things just come to mind at the moment.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 12:29 am

Networking.

Hell, I did not even have a concept of what it is until I was well into adulthood.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 3:52 am

Driving. As soon as I got my license, I decided it's too scary to drive. The image in my head of the gory mess I would make when I squash someone (probably a child) is gross and disgusting. Even worse, I'd be arrested for that. I have no idea how so many people can drive. Probably they can easily tolerate the sight of a gory mess.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 10:34 am

Basically how well I do something depends on whether or not other humans are watching.
Or when other humans are even present.

Eating alone: Don't spill a drop of food.
Eating around humans: Spill food everywhere.

Drawing alone: The drawing turns out to be a masterpiece. :)
Drawing around humans: Drawing ends up looking like something I made when I was four. :?

Walking alone: Walks at a normal pace, doesn't trip or stumble.
Walking around humans: Walks at a very slow pace, lucky I don't get mistaken for a drunkard.

Playing a video game alone: Able to play the game well.
Playing a video game around other humans: Wondering why I have never played the game so badly before.

Watching a cartoon: Able to sit, relax, and enjoy the cartoon.
Watching a cartoon around other people: Feeling like very long, burning hot needles are being slowly inserted into every inch of my skin.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2022, 10:43 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Basically how well I do something depends on whether or not other humans are watching.
Or when other humans are even present.

Eating alone: Don't spill a drop of food.
Eating around humans: Spill food everywhere.

Drawing alone: The drawing turns out to be a masterpiece. :)
Drawing around humans: Drawing ends up looking like something I made when I was four. :?

Walking alone: Walks at a normal pace, doesn't trip or stumble.
Walking around humans: Walks at a very slow pace, lucky I don't get mistaken for a drunkard.

Playing a video game alone: Able to play the game well.
Playing a video game around other humans: Wondering why I have never played the game so badly before.

Watching a cartoon: Able to sit, relax, and enjoy the cartoon.
Watching a cartoon around other people: Feeling like very long, burning hot needles are being slowly inserted into every inch of my skin.

Oh I can relate to this. I don't like being watched when doing such tasks! Somehow, we do our best when no one's there to see. And I certainly can enjoy watching cartoons and other stuff without others present.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/