Page 1 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 11:22 am

do anyone else get flare ups of ibs

i went to work today but had to come home because my stomach was so bad :( just bad wind that was difficult to pass

i do have diverticula and it flares up so not much the doctor can do really

just been massaging my belly and resting but still havent passed wind it will come eventually just lounging and pressing my fingers on my belly and moving them across

very painful and uncomfortable i look about 6 months pregnant

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 11:53 am

I don’t know anything about IBS, but I’ve had Crohns Disease for 50 years.

Try a hot water bottle wrapped in a tea towel and hug it against your belly… even try sleeping like that. I don’t think it cures anything but does provide some relief.

Best wishes.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 1:10 pm

Used to get lots of issues after listening to doctors advice. One day my Mum mentioned one should wait half an hour or more before one has a drink after having a meal. I tried this and the runs which I had daily for 20 to 30 years dissapeared. Doctors had said to make sure I drink a glass or water every time I had a meal. Often saw half chewed green leaves and bits if undigested food coming out in the toilet. Moved doctors surgery since though.

The Mauve Factor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2022, 3:34 am

I've had severe IBS for over 5 years now. I've had organs removed due to it, and I always feel like I'm one day away from another medical emergency. If you want to know what helps me manage mine I'd be glad to share, but know that you're not alone in the fight. Most people who haven't experienced it don't understand how horrible the pain can be on a very regular basis, and it sucks when they gaslight you as well because it sounds so unbelievable to them.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 6:08 am

i never used to have ibs it was only since my alcoholic days when i took drugs as well and spent most of the 1990s knocked out

it damaged my organs but at least i didnt die like amy winehouse

so now im suffering big time

himmellaufen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2022, 6:55 am

Caz72 wrote:
i never used to have ibs it was only since my alcoholic days when i took drugs as well and spent most of the 1990s knocked out

it damaged my organs

Same here, my gastrointestinal problems started after few years of hardcore drug doing.

What helps me is
-not drinking any sparking drinks
-not eating any spicy food
-avoiding hard to digest stuff like peppers
-taking special medications and supplements meant for people with ibs

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 7:54 am

I get a lot of trapped wind, I've found these things help get rid of it:

- Walking vigorously on the spot.

- Standing with your hands on your hips and feet apart.

- Going on your hands and knees on the floor.

Do each thing for as long as you need to. I have absolutely no idea why they help get rid of wind, must be the position of the body.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 9:11 am

Caz

When I was 27 my then Dr told me over the email that I had IBS

Zero exam, zero tests. So I am paranoid it's Crohn's or ulcerative colitis instead of IBS

That was before Covid

Last year my current Dr wrote a letter to my job that I can go to the litterbox any time during my shift. Corporate is fine with it

However the men's litterbox only contains three litterboxes and two urinals. Building Code requires a certain number of litterboxes per employee, but that doesn't include vendors, janitors, cops or security. They work in the same building, but not for home Depot. Customers and day laborers also do not count. One or more litterboxes often out of order. In the same parking lot:. McDonald's and 24 hour fitness. Home Depot is in the middle of a homeless encampment. Break is 15 minutes and lunch is 30.

It's a catastrophe waiting to keep happening

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 10:56 am

i avoid carbonated drinks because it makes me burp uncontrollably :oops:

im not the sort to feel embarrassment but i prefer to be polite around people

avoiding certain food doesnt really lessen the chance of a ibs flare up

i find rubbing my belly more soothing than standing in odd positions or if i lay in certain position like lay on my front with my hands pressing between my tummy and the mattress that seems to shift the bubbles in my belly and i break wind easier when laying on my front than i do my back

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 12:14 pm

Caz72 wrote:
i avoid carbonated drinks because it makes me burp uncontrollably :oops:

im not the sort to feel embarrassment but i prefer to be polite around people

avoiding certain food doesnt really lessen the chance of a ibs flare up

i find rubbing my belly more soothing than standing in odd positions or if i lay in certain position like lay on my front with my hands pressing between my tummy and the mattress that seems to shift the bubbles in my belly and i break wind easier when laying on my front than i do my back

I think everyone's body is built slightly differently and what works for me might not work for others. I really find walking briskly on the spot very helpful, I've no idea why.

Did you try one of those wheat bags you heat in the microwave?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 8:55 pm

I have some sort of IBS that I've had since I was a baby. It causes swelling and ulcers throughout my digestive tract, which also causes alternating constipation/diarrhea and issues with nutrient absorption. It's been flaring up lately, so I've been trying to restrict what I eat to relatively bland + easy to digest food, and avoiding certain things that could be triggering or worsening it. I've also been using famotidine and polyethylene glycol to try to avoid it getting really bad.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 11:29 am

Another thing I've found helps with digestive issues is drinking lots and lots of water. I have been drinking water 24/7 for well over a year and now I feel like I've finally hit the optimum level. Now I don't need to drink water all the time. I think I got very, very dehydrated when younger, and needed to refill.

Not sure if this helps but you could try it. I find the my digestive system somehow clogs up or something if I don't drink a lot of water.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 6:11 pm

i dont really get constipated im quite the opposite actually well i believe i have both at the same time

yea my insides are all messed up from 10 years of heavy drinking and hard drugs

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 4:49 pm

i dont feel so beautiful with all this ibs :oops: :cry:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 5:20 am

Caz72 wrote:
i dont really get constipated im quite the opposite actually well i believe i have both at the same time

yea my insides are all messed up from 10 years of heavy drinking and hard drugs

Yes I get the opposite of constipation, or I used to. It's hard to explain what I meant, it's like I get dehydrated inside if I don't drink lots of water. If I get like that, I throw up. Horrible.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 12:03 pm

i went out for a chinese meal with my husband today and now im home i felt so bloated when i came home i got undressed into my nightie so ican breathe..been breaking wind ever since

i dont mind having a windy tummy if it isnt trapped and i can pass wind easy but i just hate it when i get those ibs flare ups where i cant pass the wind and it hurts and makes me feel nausea and uncomfortable and all i can feel is bubbles moving across my belly but no relief