Page 4 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 8:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s “normal” human behavior to share experiences.

It’s nonsense for people to get angry for sharing experiences.

your right
it is a discussion forum and its nice to know that others share the same experiences

thank you kitlily and everyone else here for being supportive

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2022, 12:07 am

Caz72 wrote:

i find rubbing my belly more soothing than standing in odd positions or if i lay in certain position like lay on my front with my hands pressing between my tummy and the mattress that seems to shift the bubbles in my belly and i break wind easier when laying on my front than i do my back

I have a similar problem. On my monthly cycle I get painful cramps and bloating most months. I am frequently constipated and even when I have diarrhea, I'm constipated. I too have a lot of gas as well. I find that what works for me too is a belly massage. When I lay down in my bed under the covers, I put the palm of my hand on my tummy and I massage in gentle circles. Sometimes I use my fingertips instead. My blankets are soft and velvety so doing the massage over the soft, velvety covers is very relaxing. I often try to change up the massage pressure and speed as well. Sometimes I rub slow with the palm of my hand. Then, I switch to a fast sort of tickling motion with my fingertips. Once in awhile, lightly scratching my tummy helps too. Like I said the key is to change it up. If you keep doing the same massage every night, it's not going to be relaxing after awhile. A new motion or even switching between 1 and 2 hands does wonders for me and even soothes me to sleep.
Another thing that really helps me is my heating pad. If I have a cramped tummy, I will plug in my heating pad use that. Sometimes it feels so relaxing that it stays on my tummy for an hour or more while I watch TV in bed. Sometimes I hold the button with one hand and massage my tummy with the other hand. At the very least though, I will massage my tummy once the heating pad comes off while
my tummy is still warm. Nothing feels better for my digestion than a nice warm tummy massage.
Sometimes, like you I will wake up in the middle of the night with tummy cramping and gas, usually from stress. In that case I do the same things until I fall back asleep. One night I had to get up and plug in the warm pad for about 1/2 hour until I was soothed enough to sleep again.
Metamucil and prune juice also work well. Feel better. :hmph:

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 7:14 am

i have silk nightie so is feels smooth to rub my hand around my belly

i went through early menopause so i dont get periods any more but when i did i didnt get much cramps

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 10:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s “normal” human behavior to share experiences.

It’s nonsense for people to get angry for sharing experiences.

You're right. It certainly used to be normal human behaviour, I remember it when I was young...

Unfortunately in this capitalist society, we are all programmed to compete with others and everyone thinks someone else sharing an experience is trying to somehow out-do them and it's a competition- 'my life is worse than yours', 'my life is better than yours'. etc.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 10:04 am

playgroundlover22695 wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

i find rubbing my belly more soothing than standing in odd positions or if i lay in certain position like lay on my front with my hands pressing between my tummy and the mattress that seems to shift the bubbles in my belly and i break wind easier when laying on my front than i do my back

I have a similar problem. On my monthly cycle I get painful cramps and bloating most months.

I used to get that when I had periods. They were agony and so heavy. I had to have prescription painkillers. I had a heating pad and was constantly rubbing my tummy. I only felt normal 1 week per month. :x I don't miss periods.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 12:26 pm

tomorrow im due for the operation so i had to fast all of today but despite not eating i still have wind so it isnt food what causes me to have wind i just have a windy tummy anyway

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 5:50 am

Caz72 wrote:
tomorrow im due for the operation so i had to fast all of today but despite not eating i still have wind so it isnt food what causes me to have wind i just have a windy tummy anyway

Good luck! But I suppose it's over now so I hope it went well.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 7:56 am

Hope your Surgery went .. and you are on the mend .

where ever you go ,there you are

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 6:00 pm

Caz72 wrote:
dont you find it annoyingly ironic when people advice you to eat certain food to keep your immune system strong and healthy but then when you complain about too much wind they then advice you not to eat those same foods

i like to eat healthy like leafy green vegetables and certain fruits and nuts and beans and all that to keep my immune system up but some of those are the exact typically gassy food that we ibs people should avoid
but keeping in mind i get windy even if i dont eat the gassy sort of food lol.

i have a windy tummy right now and i havent eaten vegetables or anything like that today

OMG, yes! It's like the narrative is always "eat healthy food such as fruit, vegetables and nuts", then when you feel unwell with gas the narrative suddenly becomes "avoid all healthy food". But then the narrative also becomes "avoid sugar too" and basically avoid everything if you don't want gas - and actually eating nothing can cause gas too!

I hate gas. I wish there was an organ in the body that turned any gas in the digestive tract into oxygen that travels to your lungs or carbon dioxide you breathe out or whatever. Gas coming out from the arse seems like the biggest flaw in nature to me. :roll:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 7:06 am

I actually find many types of 'healthy' food make me more ill.

e.g. dietary fibre/roughage. Too much of that and I'm on the toilet all day.

I need bland, mild, simple food. Nothing pre-prepared, no additives like colouring or flavouring, no extremes of temperature or flavour. I cook most of my food from scratch because otherwise I get ill. I live on vegetables, fish, meat, fruit and gluten free grains like millet, quinoa. And a few nuts and occasional treats like chips or cake.

I live a very simple life, everything in moderation. One cigarette or alcoholic drink makes me ill for days.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 10:32 pm

My bowels are fine. It's my bladder that plays up.

I think everybody gets irritable bowels sometimes, and even I do occasionally but it isn't something I suffer with.

My bladder and my sinuses are the issues I have.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 1:46 pm

Joe90 wrote:
My bowels are fine. It's my bladder that plays up.

I think everybody gets irritable bowels sometimes, and even I do occasionally but it isn't something I suffer with.

My bladder and my sinuses are the issues I have.

Same issues here …… Some tell me it maybe a allergy to a food I eat often .. ENT doc wants to possibly do some surgery on my sinuses ,depending on results of a Cat Scan from yesterday. Uhm.. not fond of Doctors or hospitals ,, save one GP , i trust.

where ever you go ,there you are

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 11:18 am

VERY IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION!! !

I had sinus issues for years. I had constantly blocked sinuses, struggling to breathe, constantly coughing up thick, smelly, green phlegm and mucus. The doctors said 'just a virus' or 'we'll have to operate' or 'take these steroids.'

The key was: to give up dairy produce. I was so desperate for help that I went to a complementary therapist and she diagnosed dairy intolerance. 'What rubbish! How can that help me?' I thought. But I gave up dairy produce and immediately started feeling better. There are lots and lots of substitutes for dairy items now in the shops. It's been 15 years now and I've just got better each day.

I take calcium supplements of course to make up for not consuming dairy produce.

And then doctors discovered that the reason my daughter was so sick all the time was dairy intolerance. Again, the doctors didn't believe me but eventually I got them to test her and AMAZING! It was dairy intolerance. So she is non dairy now too and healthy.

So please consider giving up dairy produce, Jakki and anyone else! Or at least get allergy and intolerance tests done, which are usually elimination tests. Apparently autistic people are often intolerant/allergic to dairy produce, so this fitted me and my daughter exactly!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 4:55 pm

Caz72 wrote:
depends lol

last new year eve i ate so much food til very late at night my stomach was bubbling all night then the next day i had a bad windy tummy and rotten egg farts that kept grossing my husband and son out
as we wanted to spend new years day together as a family we decided to take a walk in the forest and i thought because we were outside i could break wind appropriatley but when i did they still smelt it

it would be better to break wind if people didnt react

This. It always baffles me that burping and farting is humourous among most people but coughing and sneezing isn't. People are grossed out by burps and farts but they're much more hygienic than coughs and sneezes.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 7:25 pm

Caz72 wrote:

I have a similar problem. On my monthly cycle I get painful cramps and bloating most months. I am frequently constipated and even when I have diarrhea, I'm constipated. I too have a lot of gas as well. I find that what works for me too is a belly massage. When I lay down in my bed under the covers, I put the palm of my hand on my tummy and I massage in gentle circles. Sometimes I use my fingertips instead. My blankets are soft and velvety so doing the massage over the soft, velvety covers is very relaxing. I often try to change up the massage pressure and speed as well. Sometimes I rub slow with the palm of my hand. Then, I switch to a fast sort of tickling motion with my fingertips. Once in awhile, lightly scratching my tummy helps too. Like I said the key is to change it up. If you keep doing the same massage every night, it's not going to be relaxing after awhile. A new motion or even switching between 1 and 2 hands does wonders for me and even soothes me to sleep.
Another thing that really helps me is my heating pad. If I have a cramped tummy, I will plug in my heating pad use that. Sometimes it feels so relaxing that it stays on my tummy for an hour or more while I watch TV in bed. Sometimes I hold the button with one hand and massage my tummy with the other hand. At the very least though, I will massage my tummy once the heating pad comes off while
my tummy is still warm. Nothing feels better for my digestion than a nice warm tummy massage.
Sometimes, like you I will wake up in the middle of the night with tummy cramping and gas, usually from stress. In that case I do the same things until I fall back asleep. One night I had to get up and plug in the warm pad for about 1/2 hour until I was soothed enough to sleep again.
Metamucil and prune juice also work well. Feel better. :hmph:

I always cringe when I see people rub their tummy, I don't know why. I just feel embarrassed for some reason. I feel it's something that shouldn't really be done in company unless one is pregnant or is just giving a quick rub or whatever, but I mean literally sitting comfortably rubbing the tummy for a long period of time is cringing to me.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jan 2023, 10:53 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

I always cringe when I see people rub their tummy, I don't know why. I just feel embarrassed for some reason. I feel it's something that shouldn't really be done in company unless one is pregnant or is just giving a quick rub or whatever, but I mean literally sitting comfortably rubbing the tummy for a long period of time is cringing to me.

You're right. Rubbing my tummy in public or in front of random people would be weird and creepy. That's why I don't do it around people. I only do it in the comfort of my own home. In my own bedroom when I'm laying down and trying to rest my body before I go to sleep. I also use the warm pad because the heat soothes my tummy.

A few days ago, I was feeling very uncomfortable and bloated, so I drank some OJ with a lot of fiber supplement powder. That was a big mistake because I woke up at 5am with excruciating cramps in my tummy. As a result, I had to get out of bed and put my heated pad on my tummy over the cramps. I had to massage the soothing heat into my tummy for a few minutes before I could even get back to sleep. When I woke up almost 3 hours later, the pain was gone because the warm pad soothed my tummy. Sometimes I have to do this so that I can get rid of pain and bloating in my tummy. I know it sounds creepy, but it does work.