Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 5:56 pm

i sometimes have dreams about nuclear war too like in the dream im waiting for the nuclear bomb to come but there taking ages and the suspension and anticipation is so horrifying waiting to die even though it will be quick its still scary to wait for it

anyway what helps me is to not watch the news or read anything online about it because the media sensationalises everything anyway

and if putin really wanted to annihilate the planet he would just do it so its obviously he is just threatening for attention or something

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 6:10 pm

Jakki wrote:
Hmmm…. My friend living in Japan , in good health, ended up withy kidney cancer 2yrs after Fukushima,He lived 200 miles south of that reactor. ………?coincidence? :skull:

This is what puzzles me. Some have no issues but live right in the areas which are said not to be safe but others have big issues.

Think the best approach is to just live as sometimes there is no choice, and if one can move elsewhere do so?

The worst part is a nuclear blast. They said Germany were the first to develop them and they used them against Russia in WW2 where Russia lost more people due to that then all others who died in the war from all sides put together.
The two American scientists (Elderly couple) involved in the nuclear project worked for a while under secrecy down here in a corrigated tin shed. Maybe is why they check the beach? Incidently. There are said to be two early A-bombs buried here. Completely safe though. I know exactly where they are as I was taken to the exact location and shown and it makes perfect sense where they were buried. (Was not a deep hole either). Official search was done but in a false location and they said they found nothing. :D
Found this out due to the man who buried them wanted people to know before he died as he was ordered to "Get rid of them" so he took them to the furthest point on the little railway, dug a hole and buried them, and strangely the map of the area contains two lumps drawn exactly where they are buried. Straight after the official decoy where they looked in the wrong place was done, they planted a load of thorny bushes on the low mounds where they were buried and closed two paths that went past there and cordoned the area off until the bushes grew.
They are however completely safe as without their fuse mechanisms they can't go off...

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 6:18 pm

Well am glad ,Mountaingoat is still amongst us ….. :|

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 6:37 pm

Caz72 wrote:
i sometimes have dreams about nuclear war too like in the dream im waiting for the nuclear bomb to come but there taking ages and the suspension and anticipation is so horrifying waiting to die even though it will be quick its still scary to wait for it

anyway what helps me is to not watch the news or read anything online about it because the media sensationalises everything anyway

and if putin really wanted to annihilate the planet he would just do it so its obviously he is just threatening for attention or something

Nothing to fear really as one will either suddenly die before one knew one was dead if caught in the blast, or one would survive and get a good chance to reach a ripe old age though best to then relocate area just incase. But either way do not fear or worry about it. News spreads worry and fear.
Do not worry. Let every day worry about itself. (Jesus said that and is an amazing quote as it is true as he also said "Who by worrying can add a single hour to ones life?" Is a fair point. We need not worry at all).
I put that because it is nice. His words are wize and will help everyone. No one needs sress. We all need peace and good lives.

And to add to this was a quote about my cousins eldest child. I last worked and he was also working there. He is probably also on the spectrum but like me, he is waiting to be assessed as well. Now not long before Christmas as the pressure was on to get bikes assembled and PDI'd ready for Christmas, we were all concerned, but he was laughing away in his loud voice while serving customers... And I said to one of the other staff "Why can't we be like him... Stress free laughing away..."
And he said "He is stress free and laughing away because he does not have a clue what is going on!"
And isn't that the best place to be? Not looking at the news and just enjoying life?
The times I have gone wthout electricity or a TV life went on. We were fine, and had much less stress!

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 6:48 pm

I remember when I first learned about cruise missiles I would have a nightmare that a cruise missile had flown over me and I feared where it was headed.

How could any sane person support a leader who would threaten to use nukes?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 7:16 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kelp has iodine in it.Lots of seaweed does.

Yes. Iodine. Was mentioned before. Does something?

This
https://www.who.int/news-room/questions ... mergencies

“ Gather ye seaweed while ye may.”

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 7:54 pm

Interesting. We may need to get it from the USA I think. I can check next when at a pharmacy. They banned kelp tablets and withdrew from sale back when they knew the Chynobyl cloud was heading our way. Don't think they ever were restocked. Used to see them with the vitamin sections.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 6:56 am

Not necessarily a bad thing. Good things come out of seemingly bad things. Let's see what will happen.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 9:24 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Interesting. We may need to get it from the USA I think. I can check next when at a pharmacy. They banned kelp tablets and withdrew from sale back when they knew the Chynobyl cloud was heading our way. Don't think they ever were restocked. Used to see them with the vitamin sections.

Health food stores are a good option, they may even have it in the bulk section.Many people with thyroid problems take it as a supplement.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 9:55 am

Misslizard wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Health food stores are a good option, they may even have it in the bulk section.Many people with thyroid problems take it as a supplement.

That is a good idea. Rarely been in them.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 10:02 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

You can usually get good teas in bulk there also.Lot’s of goodies besides vitamins.Our’s had a really nice Jasmine tea.Bulk dried nuts and fruits galore.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 10:07 am

Misslizard wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

You can usually get good teas in bulk there also.Lot’s of goodies besides vitamins.Our’s had a really nice Jasmine tea.Bulk dried nuts and fruits galore.

I usually avoid such places due to the smells. I can send Mum in. :D

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 10:43 am

I understand, I can’t handle the smells in the cleaning section of the store or where lots of stuff is wrapped in vinyl packaging, like the bedding section.
I feel like I’m going to puke and get dizzy.
Most natural smells don’t bother me ,but the chemical ones .. just ugh.

Hawkmoth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2022, 7:42 pm

I try not to worry myself over things I have no control over. If nuclear war happens, it happens. I don't have the resources to build up a proper nuclear war plan. If you have the resources to think you can construct a survivable contingency plan, more power to you. Otherwise, I would suggest you try and focus on your day to day life.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 4:06 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
I had dreams like that a few years ago. At one point I even considered digging a hiding hole under the house (no basement).

A physics professor who is a friend of the family said if you survive the initial blast it's important to stay in hiding for the first 2 days of fallout, and he said basements of a house are good enough, it's not so bad afterward... Beyond that he said he's got a planned escape route to Mexico.

There is a small dirt crawlspace under my house, which is accessible from the basement. It's a small wooden door on the basement wall.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 4:22 pm

temp1234 wrote:
Not necessarily a bad thing. Good things come out of seemingly bad things. Let's see what will happen.

Well, a nuclear war would still be the worst catastrophe in history, even if it doesn't cause total extinction of man.

What I tend to err on and that I hope I'm right about, is that if/when it does happen, only a few nukes would be used and within a few months or so rather than a few hours.