Page 5 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 11:13 am

Where_am_I wrote:
^ Poor guy. It must have been so scary to wake up blind :|

I forgot to say the inflammation is completely resolved.
The "mass" is gone but his nerves won't repair.

One eye is completely blind.
The other can detect a bit of dark, cloudy shadow with a blurry chromatic background.
He said that's more bothersome than the blind eye, because it makes him nauseated.

:(

I can't even imagine what it was like for him that day.
His wife doesn't drive so their whole life is turned upside down.

We're just glad it's not cancer.
Thank God, or whoever's in charge of this crazy universe.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 12:10 pm

Nothing wrong with “long answers” at all.

Bummer there’s no way to reverse the blindness.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 7:34 pm

Giving a presentation today in my class.

I took ten minutes too long & the discussion was awkward. :oops:

However, I am okay now.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 10:37 pm

I read in the newspaper that the local hospital just basically let some 57 year old man die even though he was in excruciating pain while in the emergency room. I didn't read the whole article but that just goes to show how awful the health care is where I live. Infuriating. Once you go in that hospital, you are not coming back out. I'd say the staff all have compassion fatigue, but I don't believe they had any compassion to begin with and they should have their rear ends sued right off.

I remember in the early 2000's my mother went to the hospital on Good Friday when she had appendicitis, but she didn't have symptoms as obvious as most other people, and they almost sent her home saying she just had a bladder infection or some garbage. She told me later that when they removed her appendix it practically burst in the surgeon's hand. I don't know how she knew that since she was asleep during the surgery, but it just to show nothing has improved one bit since then. If anything it's worse. Don't rely on anyone or anything. :x

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 3:22 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Went to see surgeon today for post op follow up.
They're worried about a few things.
Not least of which is the cough I've developed.
So they're sending me for a CT scan of my lungs.
So yeah, I'm anxious about that.

Hope it all went well.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 6:38 pm

Thinking of the best places to go Christmas shopping to buy presents for my NT sister.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 8:38 pm

House guests tomorrow, and the place is a bleeding mess.
Hence my procrastination online.
Whoops.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 8:43 pm

^Oh no!

I hate that last-minute stuff!

I can imagine what it will entail.

I hope you can find a way to just "straighten up" without a deep cleanup.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 8:50 pm

The post and the trains going on strike every 5 minutes and I have Christmas cards and gifts I need to send out. Some gifts I haven't bought yet, or I'm waiting for deliveries from Amazon, which relies on trains.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 8:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
^Oh no!

I hate that last-minute stuff!

I can imagine what it will entail.

I hope you can find a way to just "straighten up" without a deep cleanup.

It needs tidying as well as deep-cleaning.
The dreaded double-whammy.
It'll be about 8 hours of work overnight.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 9:07 pm

One of my managers keeps commenting on my weight and she flat out had the nerve to tell me to eat more. Other coworkers also keep questioning me if I don't eat anything during break. I don't like when people comment on my weight or how much I eat.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 11:55 pm

Well, I've done about 1/3 of the first task on my list but I've yet to clean up from doing it.
About 55 and 2/3 tasks yet to go.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 10:00 am

customer had the nerve to honk @ me while i was pushing carts in the parking lot. kind of rude, but "customer always right". there was nothing to tattle about and nobody to tattle to. he didn't do anything illegal

barking dogs

for the first time since the Wrongful Accusation on Wednesday, went to Food Maxx and wasted some cash. Wednesday, i was trying to shop and some lil dipshit had the nerve to tell me to leave and then he told another ass hole that i got caught stealing. "I have never stolen from food maxx and Wrongful Accusation is a really big deal". he then told me "maybe someone looks just like you. do you want a cart?". he (they) left me alone. they did not call security or 911 or take legal action against me. they did not do anything illegal. they did not apologize either, but maybe that is "good enough". so i'm kind of paranoid that other f*****s will bother me when i go back to food maxx.

almost got hit by a car

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 3:30 pm

Getting out and buying some scratch n wins. There were a lot of shady looking old men around. A couple of old ladies were gossiping about me, misgendering me along the way. The people watching was horrible. There wasn't anything to watch.

Naked Atira
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Dec 2022, 6:17 am

My insomnia, that I'm wide awake. A couple weeks ago, I kept crashing, but I think it was due to eating too much protein.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 5:36 pm

I was just reminded about how everyone is getting, is going to get or has a horrible case of the flu this year. My mom and I have been lucky so far, and the report said illness is "sporadic" where I live. But it will very likely get worse by the New Year, because people's immune systems will be even more weakened by holiday stress, post holiday-stress, stress stress, life is hopeless.

This past week I kept getting headaches, and on Saturday I was up most of the night with cramps and diarrhea. I don't know if it was because just my period even though it was almost over, some kind of a bug, or IBS, but what I do know is that I hate it when I don't know what's wrong with me. Last night it took me all night to fall asleep and I was tired when I went for groceries and almost felt like I was drifting around the store in some kind of fever dream.