How The Autist SEES The WORLD - 3 Tips - Part 2

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

knowingtheautist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2022, 12:10 pm

Hello Wrong Planeeteers,

Discovery! Discovery! Discovery!

The Aspie Discovery rover discovered a car-sized rock on our exoplanet called Part 2...the sample is onboard, Earth-bound!

Based on Jakki's request, Part 2 is about the different ways Aspies misinterpret jokes and some other clarifications based on Part 1 of the How the Autist SEES the World series:

1) The jump to conclusions about the jokes on impulse (e.g. 'you are not doing that well in school' when you actually are)

- Most aspies respond with 'why is that?' without realizing that the friendly teacher is joking
- Then the NT says, I'm joking, I hope you know that
- Take away the autistic traits from the student and the student will more likely to pause rather than go with his immediate impulse and then giggle realizing the joke :D

2) The general trend is the Aspies are good with computers/technology/sciences/math but yes, there are exceptions. But the POTENTIAL to learn them is high for most aspies in those subjects and fields. It's a matter of patience. A small percentage of Aspies will get frusterated using a PC or writing programming code like C# because they simply lack the patience and prefer to work with less technology and more service oriented jobs that are simple like ticketing or welcoming customers at the movie theater. The Vast Majority of Aspies might have developed more patience with computers with time and education and will sit/surf the Internet 10 hours a day, and have developed some cool portfolios like their own video game app because they obsess with their Mario or Mega Man game and that's all they talk about it and their obsessions in computer technology was so prolonged that it enabled them to end up in a successful career in computing.

Hope that helps.

Wrong Planeteers, thank you for reading and feeding our threads with ideas :idea: .
Keep following our threads and feed our Aspie Rover's solar panels. Don't forget to look out for my red diamond logo!

Last bumped by knowingtheautist on 05 Nov 2022, 12:10 pm.