ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 10:54 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Similar motivation Ted Cruz who after Trump said his wife was ugly and his dad was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy has spent all of his time since licking Trump's ass(metaphorically). Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome but way worse because these Republicans are not being physically held prisoner.

Also a double standard. As Kanye west is being currently cancelled by the Jewish community. Donald Trump has a long history of being an anti-semite
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12 ... ews-israel
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ic-tropes/

Yet how do you explain that in 2016 40% of jewish voters still voted for him. Even after his vocal anti-semitism according to the Republican Jewish lobby he still get's 32% approval from people who identify as Jews?

Seems to be a lot of boot lickers

U.S. Presidential Elections: Jewish Voting Record (1916 - Present) - Jewish Virtual Library
2016 Trump 24 percent; Clinton 71 percent
2020 Trump 30 percent; Biden 68 percent

But yes like why Christian fundamentalists voted for Trump, the same reason Jews align with Christian Fundamentalists whose reasons for being pro-Isreal are as anti-Semitic as can be. The Obama relationship with Israel was tense and Trump's daughter and son inlaw are Jewish so in 2016 it was reasonable to expect a pro-Isreal policy.

But Jews like other groups are not one-issue voters, voting in lockstep. So the Jews voted for him for the same reasons as other Americans, perceived the lesser of two evils, "tells it like it is", "shakes things up " and Jews are as racist as any other group. Schvartze is the Yiddish equivilent of the N-Word. I heard it a lot growing up.

Careful, acknowledging that Jews can be racist too (especially towards Palestinians) will get you labelled as an anti-semite. I know this from personal experience. :wink:

To effin bad. We can be anti semitic also.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 11:19 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I am pro-Israel. I studied the emergence of the state of Israel in 1948 in highschool and how young people in the emergent Israeli state drove the kibbutz movement in the 50s/60s and help create a paradise out of desert.

Yes I know they were heavily financially backed by Ashkenazi money, and I don't agree how they treat the Falasha or Palestinians but the story of the rise of postwar Israel was very inspiring to 20 year old me. I even explored the idea of living on a kibbutz but ended up working in Asia instead.

Well frankly I agree with ASPartofMe. And I think that not only are Jewish people capable of racism but they also play the anti-semite card against anybody who dares to tell them that Israel is essentially an apartheid state.

There are progressive Jews that that think Israel is an apartheid state and there are some Orthodox(Fundamentalist) Jews that think Israel is illegitimate because the Messiah has not come.

On the does anti-Zionism equate to anti semitism question my opinion is that it does not but anti Zionism very often used if not the main tactic used by anti semites to disguise their anti semitism so fairly or not I do get suspicious about those claiming anti Zionism especially if accompanied by antisemitic tropes.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 04 Dec 2022, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 12:05 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I am pro-Israel. I studied the emergence of the state of Israel in 1948 in highschool and how young people in the emergent Israeli state drove the kibbutz movement in the 50s/60s and help create a paradise out of desert.

Yes I know they were heavily financially backed by Ashkenazi money, and I don't agree how they treat the Falasha or Palestinians but the story of the rise of postwar Israel was very inspiring to 20 year old me. I even explored the idea of living on a kibbutz but ended up working in Asia instead.

Well frankly I agree with ASPartofMe. And I think that not only are Jewish people capable of racism but they also play the anti-semite card against anybody who dares to tell them that Israel is essentially an apartheid state.

There are progressive Jews that that think Israel is an apartheid state and there are some Orthodox(Fundamentalist) Jews that think Israel is illegitimate because the Messiah has not come.

On the does anti-Zionism equate to anti semitism question my opinion is that it does not but anti Zionism very often used if not the main tactic used by anti semites to disguise their anti semitism so fairly or not I do get suspicious about those claiming anti Zionism especially if accompanied by antisemitic tropes

I understand all this. My problem has never been with Jews or even with Israel as a country itself. I just don't like it when humans are cruel to other humans. There is no excuse for it. And if calling it out makes me the bad guy then I don't care.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 5:40 pm

Man told cops of ‘evil’ in Washington

Quote:
The man accused of attacking the husband of U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said there was “evil in Washington” and he was looking to harm Pelosi because she is second in line for the presidency, a San Francisco police investigator testified Wednesday.

San Francisco Superior Court Judge Stephen Murphy ruled that prosecutors had shown enough evidence during a preliminary hearing to move forward with a trial on the state charges, including attempted murder. DePape is due back in state court on Dec. 28.

Lt. Carla Hurley, who interviewed DePape for an hour the day of the attack, testified Wednesday that the defendant told her of other people he wanted to target, including California Gov. Gavin Newsom, actor Tom Hanks and Hunter Biden, one of President Joe Biden’s sons. Hurley did not say whether police had any evidence of a plot against them.

DePape, who appeared in court wearing an orange jumpsuit, has pleaded not guilty to federal and state charges, including attempted murder, burglary and elder abuse. He remains held without bail.

“There is evil in Washington, what they did went so far beyond the campaign,” DePape told Hurley, according to her testimony.

DePape’s public defender, Adam Lipson, declined to comment after the judge’s ruling, saying, “We’ll be fighting this case in court, not in the hallway.”

Hurley, who was a sergeant at the time of the attack and was recently promoted to lieutenant, said DePape told Paul Pelosi he wanted to talk to Nancy Pelosi because “she is the second in line to the presidency.”

If the U.S. president and the vice president become unable to serve, the speaker of the U.S. House assumes the presidency.

Hurley also said DePape told her that he was seeking the speaker and told her husband that he was not part of the plan.

Still, DePape told Paul Pelosi, “I can take you out, I can take you out,” Hurley testified.

Hurley said DePape told her that after he saw the lights of a police patrol car, he told Paul Pelosi, “I’m not going to surrender, I am here to fight. If you stop me from going after people, you will take the punishment instead.”

Prosecutors presented the hammer that was allegedly used in the assault during Wednesday’s proceedings, which were attended by Christine Pelosi, one of the Pelosis’ five adult children.

The district attorney’s office also played audio of Paul Pelosi’s 911 call to San Francisco police in the courtroom and showed video — less than a minute long — of the attack that was captured on body cameras.

DePape (dih-PAP’) told police he was on a “suicide mission,” court documents say. Authorities have said he was drawn to conspiracy theories.

DePape allegedly smashed his way into the Pelosis’ home, confronted Paul Pelosi, who was sleeping in boxer shorts and a pajama top, and demanded to know where “Nancy” was.

DePape then told Paul Pelosi that if Nancy Pelosi told him the “truth,” he would let her go and if she “lied,” he was going to break her kneecaps, ” the criminal complaint alleges.

San Francisco Police Officer Kyle Cagney, who was one of two first responding officers testified Wednesday that he saw both men holding the hammer when the door opened. DePape did not follow the officers’ commands to drop the weapon and instead lunged at Paul Pelosi and swung the hammer at him, Cagney said.

Paul Pelosi was knocked unconscious and woke up in a pool of his own blood. He later underwent surgery to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hand

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 5:55 pm

ASPartOfMe,

Sometimes, the articles you post are my first clue as to what is going on back in the 'States.

Keep up the good work!

Fnord

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 12:35 am

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe,

Sometimes, the articles you post are my first clue as to what is going on back in the 'States.

Keep up the good work!

Fnord

:D

Thank You.
I'll try.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 10:36 am

EXORCISM IN SF TOWNHOUSE

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi tried to excommunicate evil spirits from her San Francisco townhouse after the vicious attack on her husband in October.

The former House Speaker and her daughter, Alexandra, sat down with the New York Times and made a stunning admission about holding their own private exorcism

Alexandra said Nancy sought the help of priests after Paul Pelosi was bludgeoned by a hammer-wielding assailant, who broke into the couple's stately home.

"I think that weighed really heavy on her soul," Alexandra said, referring to Nancy. "I think it really broke her. Over Thanksgiving, she had priests coming, trying to have an exorcism of the house and having prayer services."

Pelosi (D-CA) said it will take three to four months before Paul is "really back to normal."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 9:00 pm

New video, audio show attack on Paul Pelosi in excruciating detail

Quote:
Newly released video footage and audio show Paul Pelosi’s violent confrontation last fall with a home intruder who described his plans to attack then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other elected officials.

A San Francisco judge this week ordered multiple pieces of evidence against suspect David DePape to be made public, including body camera footage, a 911 call from the Pelosi home and a recording of DePape’s interview with police.

The recordings — publicly revealed during a December court hearing — depict the culmination of what authorities describe as DePape’s hunt for the congresswoman and his fury toward elected officials.

The body camera footage shows Paul Pelosi and DePape both grasping a hammer when officers arrived at the Pelosi residence in the early morning hours of Oct. 28. Officers order the men to drop the hammer, and DePape says “nope” before turning it and swinging at Paul, after which both men topple to the floor and an officer calls for a medic.

In footage from a Capitol Police surveillance camera, DePape can be seen taking a hammer and what appears to be a handful of zip ties out of the bags he brought with him. DePape told officers he intended to kidnap Nancy Pelosi. At the end of the video, DePape can be seen repeatedly swinging the hammer against the exterior of the Pelosi residence and then climbing inside.

In a police interview shortly after the attack, DePape describes his anger toward Nancy Pelosi as “leader of the pack” of political figures who were “lying on a consistent basis,” including by seeking to undermine former President Donald Trump. He planned to kidnap the congresswoman and break her kneecaps if she did not tell him the truth.