Nancy Pelosi’s husband hospitalized after assault at home

Page 1 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:56 am

House Speaker Pelosi's husband 'violently assaulted'

Quote:
Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was "violently assaulted" after a break-in at the couple's San Francisco home early on Friday, her office said in a statement.

"The assailant is in custody and the motivation for the attack is under investigation," the statement said. "Mr. Pelosi was taken to the hospital, where he is receiving excellent medical care and is expected to make a full recovery."

The Democratic speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, who is second in line to the presidency, was not at home at the time of the early morning assault.

The circumstances of the attack were unclear, including how the intruder got into the home.

In January 2021, her home was vandalized with graffiti saying ""Cancel rent" and "We want everything" painted on the house and a pig's head left in front of the garage, according to media reports.

Prominent Republicans, such as Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, have been targets of vandalism as well.

Paul Pelosi, 82, who owns a San Francisco-based real estate and venture capital firm, was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence of alcohol after becoming involved in an auto accident in May. He was sentenced to five days in jail in Napa County, California.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:35 am

Anyone still want to try and convince me we're not standing on the brink of another civil war?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 3:21 pm

Expect the loons on the right to claim this was just a false flag.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 3:41 pm

Sounds like a mentally ill person, a hammer is an odd choice of weapon.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 3:55 pm

I read that the attacker was a public nudity advocate. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have gone after McCarthy rather than Pelosi?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/atlanta/news/who-is-david-depape-suspect-paul-nancy-pelosi-attack-san-francisco-berkeley/

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 4:31 pm

I like how they had to clarify that Nancy wasn't home.

My first guess was a case of domestic violence. :lol:

Then again, his wife could have paid to have him whacked.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 5:11 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I read that the attacker was a public nudity advocate. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have gone after McCarthy rather than Pelosi?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/atlanta/news/who-is-david-depape-suspect-paul-nancy-pelosi-attack-san-francisco-berkeley/

The nudism stuff was almost 10 years ago.

His recent social media activity is strongly suggestive that this was a politically motivated assassination attempt
Quote:
A source briefed on the attack told CBS News that before the assault occurred, the intruder confronted Mr. Pelosi shouting, "Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?"

DePape posts frequently fixate on the subject of government or tech company "censorship." One blog has subject tabs with such labels as "Pedophile normalization," Creationism," and "Facts are Racist."

Another website has categories such as "Climate Hysteria," "Da Jewbs," and "Groomer Schools."

According to CNN, DePape also posted memes and conspiracy theories on Facebook about COVID vaccines, the 2020 election and the January 6, 2021 attack on the Capitol. Two of DePape's relatives told CNN that he was 'out of touch with reality," estranged from his family, and confirmed that the Facebook account - which was taken down by the social media company on Friday - belonged to him.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 5:38 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

His recent social media activity is strongly suggestive that this was a politically motivated assassination attempt
Quote:
A source briefed on the attack told CBS News that before the assault occurred, the intruder confronted Mr. Pelosi shouting, "Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?"

DePape posts frequently fixate on the subject of government or tech company "censorship." One blog has subject tabs with such labels as "Pedophile normalization," Creationism," and "Facts are Racist."

Another website has categories such as "Climate Hysteria," "Da Jewbs," and "Groomer Schools."

According to CNN, DePape also posted memes and conspiracy theories on Facebook about COVID vaccines, the 2020 election and the January 6, 2021 attack on the Capitol. Two of DePape's relatives told CNN that he was 'out of touch with reality," estranged from his family, and confirmed that the Facebook account - which was taken down by the social media company on Friday - belonged to him.

I have no doubt that he's crazy, but I agree, there was certainly a political motivation. Election deniers and Anti-vaxxers in general tend to be more than a bit balmy in the head.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Quote:

I have no doubt that he's crazy, but I agree, there was certainly a political motivation. Election deniers and Anti-vaxxers in general tend to be more than a bit balmy in the head.

Not to mention the religious zealots and ammosexuals. What do they think the government's going to do to them that they need a whole shedload of AR-15s?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Watched a Harvard academic talk about the resurrection of pro-white movements and she articulated how lack of institutional change in white christian dominated courts against these movements since the 1960s has enabled the rise in activity of the alt-right groups post 2016.

She makes a brilliant point in the current GOP narrative. The GOP tactic is to claim we live in a post-racial America that its the left who are to blame for stoking racial tensions. When a black man or a muslim or left wing protestors commits acts of violence/property destruction they are quickly labelled "a danger to society" or "criminals" or "terrorists" (pick your own code word). Tucker Carlson has been caught doing this hundreds of times.

When a right winger commits an act of violence/murder they are labelled "mentally ill" or a "lone wolf"

When a black man is caught using marijuana he is a dangerous drug dealer. When a white teen is caught with marijuana they are going through a "phase" and just "experimenting"

The use of code words especially on social media has been instrumental in the rise of pro-white movements who are currently waging war on
online platforms like Twitter
anti-school boards
anti-vaccination movements
pro-militia groups
christian cults
anti-abortion movements
anti-gay movements
pro-Trump movements
pro-QAnon movements

So not surprising when a member of the MAGA cult attacked the Pelosi family he was quickly branded mentally unstable. The use of code words in this ongoing war will continue and will continue to suck the gullible into this rabbit hole

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:51 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Watched a Harvard academic talk about the resurrection of pro-white movements and she articulated how lack of institutional change in white christian dominated courts against these movements since the 1960s has enabled the rise in activity of the alt-right groups post 2016.

She makes a brilliant point in the current GOP narrative. The GOP tactic is to claim we live in a post-racial America that its the left who are to blame for stoking racial tensions. When a black man or a muslim or left wing protestors commits acts of violence/property destruction they are quickly labelled "a danger to society" or "criminals" or "terrorists" (pick your own code word). Tucker Carlson has been caught doing this hundreds of times.

When a right winger commits an act of violence/murder they are labelled "mentally ill" or a "lone wolf"

When a black man is caught using marijuana he is a dangerous drug dealer. When a white teen is caught with marijuana they are going through a "phase" and just "experimenting"

The use of code words especially on social media has been instrumental in the rise of pro-white movements who are currently waging war on
online platforms like Twitter
anti-school boards
anti-vaccination movements
pro-militia groups
christian cults
anti-abortion movements
anti-gay movements
pro-Trump movements
pro-QAnon movements

So not surprising when a member of the MAGA cult attacked the Pelosi family he was quickly branded mentally unstable. The use of code words in this ongoing war will continue and will continue to suck the gullible into this rabbit hole

I couldn't agree more.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:52 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Quote:

Not to mention the religious zealots and ammosexuals. What do they think the government's going to do to them that they need a whole shedload of AR-15s?

Careful, or the WP gun lobby will throw a feces fit!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:00 pm

Here's something new about the attacker. Besides being insane and a QAnon nutbar, he's also a racist Holocaust denier.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/accused-pelo ... 18957.html

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Here's something new about the attacker. Besides being insane and a QAnon nutbar, he's also a racist Holocaust denier.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/accused-pelo ... 18957.html

On that topic
https://www.timesofisrael.com/man-accus ... bout-jews/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:45 pm

Back to Pelosi

Fox news blame democrats for the attack
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/10 ... k-fox-news

Once again twisting the news to fit into an agenda.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:23 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Back to Pelosi

Fox news blame democrats for the attack
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/10 ... k-fox-news

Once again twisting the news to fit into an agenda.

Of course. They want to draw attention away from the political extremism they and the GOP have been courting by blaming this on "soft-on-crime-Democrats." Otherwise they might have to admit their total and complete irresponsibility for coddling right wing fanatics.