Nancy Pelosi’s husband hospitalized after assault at home

Page 8 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 4:17 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Stay tuned... many people are scratching their heads because it does not make sense. Release the body cam from when the cops came to the door.

Well according to FBI Special Agent Stephanie Minor's affidavit in support of the application for a criminal complaint and arrest warrant against David Depape:

Quote:
9. On October 28, 2022, at 2:23 a.m., San Francisco Dispatch received a 9-1-1 call from Paul Pelosi (“Pelosi”) located at the Pelosi residence in San Francisco, California. Pelosi stated words to the effect of there is a male in the home and that the male is going to wait for Pelosi’s wife. Pelosi further conveyed that he does not know who the male is. The male said his name is David.

10. At 2:31 a.m., San Francisco Police Department (“SFPD”) Officer Colby Wilmes responded to the Pelosi residence, California and knocked on the front door. When the door was opened, Pelosi and DEPAPE were both holding a hammer with one hand and DEPAPE had his other hand holding onto Pelosi’s forearm. Pelosi greeted the officers. The officers asked them what was going on. DEPAPE responded that everything was good. Officers then asked Pelosi and DEPAPE to drop the hammer.

11. DEPAPE pulled the hammer from Pelosi’s hand and swung the hammer, striking Pelosi in the head. Officers immediately went inside and were able to restrain DEPAPE. While officers were restraining DEPAPE, Pelosi appeared to be unconscious on the ground. Officers removed a cell phone, cash, clipper cards, and an unidentified card from DEPAPE’s right shorts pocket. DEPAPE provided officers his first and last name. After officers asked DEPAPE if he had an ID on him, DEPAPE said it might be in his backpack on the back porch and later stated his backpack was near the broken glass. When officers removed DEPAPE from Pelosi’s residence, police body worn camera footage showed a glass door that appeared to be laminated glass, broken near the door handle. San Francisco Police Department recovered zip
ties in Pelosi’s bedroom and in the hallway near the front door of the Pelosi residence. In addition, law enforcement searched DEPAPE’s backpack at the Pelosi residence, and they found, among other things, a roll of tape, white rope, one hammer, one pair of rubber and cloth gloves, and a journal.

Witness Statements
12. SFPD Officer Colby Wilmes was able to interview a witness, Witness 1, who saw an individual in all black, carrying a large black bag on his back, walking near the Pelosi residence where Witness 1 was parked. Witness 1 was working private security at an address nearby. Witness 1 then heard what sounded like banging on either a door or car and then heard the sirens within a minute or two.

13. Pelosi was interviewed by SFPD Officer Ariane Starks in the ambulance during transport to San Francisco General Hospital. Pelosi stated he had never seen DEPAPE before. Pelosi was asleep when DEPAPE came into Pelosi’s bedroom and stated he wanted to talk to “Nancy.” When Pelosi told him that Nancy was not there, DEPAPE stated that he would sit and wait. Pelosi stated that his wife would not be home for several days and then DEPAPE reiterated that he would wait. Pelosi was able to go into the bathroom which is when he was able to call 9-1-1. Pelosi stated that when the officers arrived, that was when DEPAPE struck him with the hammer.

14. In a subsequent interview with law enforcement officers on October 30, 2022, Paul Pelosi stated that DEPAPE had a hammer with him during the events described above at the Pelosi residence. Further, the hammer did not belong to the Pelosi family.

DEPAPE’S Interview on October 28, 2022:
15. In a Mirandized and recorded interview of DEPAPE by San Francisco Police Department Officers, DEPAPE provided the following information:

a. DEPAPE stated that he was going to hold Nancy hostage and talk to her. If Nancy were to tell DEPAPE the “truth,” he would let her go, and if she “lied,” he was going to break “her kneecaps.” DEPAPE was certain that Nancy would not
have told the “truth.” In the course of the interview, DEPAPE articulated he viewed Nancy as the “leader of the pack” of lies told by the Democratic Party. DEPAPE also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then
have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other Members of Congress there were consequences to actions. DEPAPE also explained generally that he wanted to use Nancy to lure another individual to DEPAPE.

b. DEPAPE stated that he broke into the house through a glass door, which was a difficult task that required the use of a hammer. DEPAPE stated that Pelosi was in bed and appeared surprised by DEPAPE. DEPAPE told Pelosi to wake up.
DEPAPE told Pelosi that he was looking for Nancy. Pelosi responded that she was not present. Pelosi asked how they could resolve the situation, and what DEPAPE wanted to do. DEPAPE stated he wanted to tie Pelosi up so that DEPAPE could go to sleep as he was tired from having had to carry a backpack to the Pelosi residence. Around this time, according to DEPAPE, DEPAPE started taking out twist ties from his pocket so that he could restrain Pelosi. Pelosi
moved towards another part of the house, but DEPAPE stopped him and together they went back into the bedroom.

c. While talking with each other, Pelosi went into a bathroom, where Pelosi grabbed a phone to call 9-1-1. DEPAPE stated he felt like Pelosi’s actions compelled him to respond.

d. DEPAPE remembered thinking that there was no way the police were going to forget about the phone call. DEPAPE explained that he did not leave after Pelosi’s call to 9-1-1 because, much like the American founding fathers with the
British, he was fighting against tyranny without the option of surrender. DEPAPE reiterated this sentiment elsewhere in the interview.

e. DEPAPE stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived and knocked on the door, and Pelosi ran over and opened it. Pelosi grabbed onto DEPAPE’s hammer, which was in DEPAPE’s hand. At this point in the
interview, DEPAPE repeated that DEPAPE did not plan to surrender and that he would go “through” Pelosi.

f. DEPAPE stated that he pulled the hammer away from Pelosi and swung the hammer towards Pelosi. DEPAPE explained that Pelosi’s actions resulted in Pelosi “taking the punishment instead."

https://www.scribd.com/document/604220285/Depape-Complaint-and-Affadavit-Signed

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 4:41 am

Off Topic
Kraichgauer wrote:
And while there were liberals who had one time been on board the Anti-Vaxxer crazy train, they've since been replaced by the insane right.

Have they, or have they just gone quiet about it because they don’t want to be associated with the MAGA,Q’Anon types who have grabbed the media spotlight?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:02 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Off Topic
Kraichgauer wrote:
And while there were liberals who had one time been on board the Anti-Vaxxer crazy train, they've since been replaced by the insane right.

Have they, or have they just gone quiet about it because they don’t want to be associated with the MAGA,Q’Anon types who have grabbed the media spotlight?

That is an undeniable possibility.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
If you're not a conservative, then what are you?

You realize that there are more than two choices, right? And that the vast majority of my positions, including those concerning gay rights, immigration, criminal justice reform, civil liberties generally, and a myriad of other are not in accord with what is generally considered to be conservative in this country? Yet you continue to insist that I'm conservative, as grasping that there is a whole world beyond the binary is beyond you.

Basically, I'm a business friendly old school liberal who likes guns, it's not that complicated.

Kraichgauer wrote:
So, just what liberal views are so awful as to justify violence? For the record, I do not entertain wanting to harm conservatives.

Mostly the ones where they consider themselves to be so obviously correct about things that they're beyond debate, and take actions to sanction people who question them. Treating half the country like a bunch of ignorant bigots and attempting to strip us of our Constitutional rights also qualify, I have little tolerance for authoritarians who claim that they know my needs better than I do and thus need complete control of my life for my own good, my response to that is measured in both imperial and metric.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, maybe you should watch TV. That way you might become better connected with the rest of us. At least you'll be watching some real cool and/or funny programming.

Because it's worked out so well for you and the rest of the Blue Anon squad? No thank you.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I have yet to hear of any liberal who thinks Biden had gotten into the White House by cheating Trump out of the Presidency. And while there were liberals who had one time been on board the Anti-Vaxxer crazy train, they've since been replaced by the insane right.

Your ability to willfully ignore inconvenient facts, such left wing election denial from W to Trump to Stacy Abrams and the absolute domination of the anti vaxx positions by left leaning crunch types remains unsurpassed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:50 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I have yet to hear of any liberal who thinks Biden had gotten into the White House by cheating Trump out of the Presidency. And while there were liberals who had one time been on board the Anti-Vaxxer crazy train, they've since been replaced by the insane right.

Your ability to willfully ignore inconvenient facts, such left wing election denial from W to Trump to Stacy Abrams and the absolute domination of the anti vaxx positions by left leaning crunch types remains unsurpassed.

And yet I can't think of a single case where liberal election deniers ever resorted to violence, whether it's storming the capitol or attempting to murder the speaker of the house' husband.
Yes, there were plenty of goofy Anti-vaxxers on the left, but I don't recall any of them so extremely militant as those on the right, or having been responsible for nearly as many deaths.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:59 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If you're not a conservative, then what are you?

You realize that there are more than two choices, right? And that the vast majority of my positions, including those concerning gay rights, immigration, criminal justice reform, civil liberties generally, and a myriad of other are not in accord with what is generally considered to be conservative in this country? Yet you continue to insist that I'm conservative, as grasping that there is a whole world beyond the binary is beyond you.

Basically, I'm a business friendly old school liberal who likes guns, it's not that complicated.

Kraichgauer wrote:
So, just what liberal views are so awful as to justify violence? For the record, I do not entertain wanting to harm conservatives.

Mostly the ones where they consider themselves to be so obviously correct about things that they're beyond debate, and take actions to sanction people who question them. Treating half the country like a bunch of ignorant bigots and attempting to strip us of our Constitutional rights also qualify, I have little tolerance for authoritarians who claim that they know my needs better than I do and thus need complete control of my life for my own good, my response to that is measured in both imperial and metric.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, maybe you should watch TV. That way you might become better connected with the rest of us. At least you'll be watching some real cool and/or funny programming.

Because it's worked out so well for you and the rest of the Blue Anon squad on WP? No thank you.

There are variations on the political spectrum of the right and left, but at the end of the day they're still right or left.
I have no doubt that you consider yourself to be a business friendly liberal, but I'm not the only WP member who considers you to be on the right, whether it's a matter of siding with businesses wanting to pick and choose their customers, or siding with the school system that fired a kitchen worker for feeding hungry school children (I recall you called it theft).
I hardly want to disenfranchise far right voters, but if they behave like bigots and rednecks then I'll call them such. I'll also add science deniers to that list.
As for TV... c'mon, it's fun! You yourself said you had watched that DC superhero show with John Cena.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Nov 2022, 12:22 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
It's getting a little too personal in parts of this thread; that needs to be scaled back for it to continue.

Unlocked.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 4:02 pm

Joe Biden makes a lot of sense calling out members of the GOP who pay lip service claiming to condemn the violent incident without also condemning the rhetoric propagated by their own party.

“It’s one thing to condemn the violence. But you can’t condemn the violence unless you condemn those people who are arguing that the election is not real… Condemn what produces the violence,” Biden said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-tal ... si-attack/

This also applies to their (COP) hypocrisy and lip service over the Jan 6 riots as well

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:04 pm

Oh gee, I wonder what the motivation could have been.. :roll:

Can't possibly be all the far right wing conspiracy theories & stochastic terrorism on faux news, bannon's podcast, oan, newsmax etc spurring mentally unstable people into doing crazy things.

No, it must be some lone wold acting completely on his own accord.. nothing to do with the non-stop barrage of election deniers and conspiracy theories.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 8:09 pm

Quote:

He's also accused of being "minor attracted" so I guess he's got one foot in each party.

Quote:
Not every gay person is a pedophile. In fact most aren't.
As for the "minor" situation, I might be mistaken but I thought he had said he had been taken advantage of by a grown man while he was a teen. As he had spoken positively of the experience, that had been the cause of his public downfall, as I recall.
Can't believe I'm actually defending that a$$hole, Milo!

Thanks for clearing that up. Had I said it you would have called him a pedophile. I love Milo, I miss him.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Dec 2022, 2:11 am

I read that Milo owed 20k to a jewelry company, and I was shocked it was a single ring.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 3:08 am

TwisterUprocker wrote:
I read that Milo owed 20k to a jewelry company, and I was shocked it was a single ring.

8O

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:21 am

Has the body cam footage been released, or are they still refusing?

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:01 pm

Strangely, the whole story completely disappeared after the midterms, it's a total mystery.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:08 pm

Lowest form of behavior trying to capitalise benefit from somebody else's misery. The republicans should be ashamed of themselves.

This reminds me of when certain republicans laughed at AOC after she told journalists she experiences PTSD after the Jan 6 riots as she expected many of the MAGA mob were hunting for her and like Pelosi's husband was in hiding expecting the worst.