Nancy Pelosi’s husband hospitalized after assault at home

Page 7 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 10:53 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the people joking about this assault should reconsider their actions.

Your comment was under my comment, but I know you can't be referring to me. Just as it's not funny to be hit in the head with a hammer, it's also not funny to spend an entire life devoted to non-violence, only to be heaped together with a violent individual who in no way is a conservative.

in my news feed were a number of GOP pols making disrespectful light of mr. pelosi's plight. not referring to you in any way.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 11:59 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the people joking about this assault should reconsider their actions.

Your comment was under my comment, but I know you can't be referring to me. Just as it's not funny to be hit in the head with a hammer, it's also not funny to spend an entire life devoted to non-violence, only to be heaped together with a violent individual who in no way is a conservative.

The attacker is conservative, as he's an election denier, an anti-vaxxer, and the object of his attack was meant to be Speaker Pelosi in order to maker her admit to liberal fraud, not her husband.
Who says the attacker is gay? Just because he has an LGBT flag? We know he had had a heterosexual relationship for years. Doesn't sound gay to me. More likely, this is a matter of the right further displaying their homophobia through slander of Mr. Pelosi.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 12:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
[
Who says the attacker is gay? Just because he has an LGBT flag? We know he had had a heterosexual relationship for years. Doesn't sound gay to me. More likely, this is a matter of the right further displaying their homophobia through slander of Mr. Pelosi.

And let's not forget Milo Yiannopolous

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 1:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[

That guy would have us believe that he's been "cured" of the gay, and that his husband is just his roommate, now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 4:51 am

You know, whenever I contemplate doing violence to liberals, which is admittedly often, it's never once been because of conservative messaging or rhetoric, it's always due to exposure to actual liberals and the stupid and insulting things they say. Conservatives don't radicalize people against liberals, liberals manage it quite well all on their own.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 6:15 am

Oh dear....I have to keep reminding certain members of the truth
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/30/us/t ... party.html

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 7:07 am

i am still waiting for a party member of the other side who won't-
*tell me to jerk myself up by my own bootstraps, a totally silly phrase btw
*call me a slacker or tell me i'm "slumming" because i don't have a "career"
*repeat the patent nonsense that "anybody can be rich if they work hard enough"
*castigate me for not being financially gifted like themselves
*reflexively reject universal health care as a sensible working concept
*look down on lotto players as "losers" while secretly acknowledging that is about the only way joe average can get ahead

all my life i've heard my rightie relations spout this garp. i'm sick of it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 10:30 am

Dox47 wrote:
You know, whenever I contemplate doing violence to liberals, which is admittedly often, it's never once been because of conservative messaging or rhetoric, it's always due to exposure to actual liberals and the stupid and insulting things they say. Conservatives don't radicalize people against liberals, liberals manage it quite well all on their own.

So you're saying you conservatives are just intolerant to the point of violence when it comes to opposing views?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 10:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
*look down on lotto players as "losers" while secretly acknowledging that is about the only way joe average can get ahead

Funny that conservatives are always saying they're the more religious political affiliation, as so much of that clearly lacks Christ's call to love their neighbor and have compassion for the poor.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 5:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
So you're saying you conservatives are just intolerant to the point of violence when it comes to opposing views?

One, I'm not conservative, and two, I'm saying that liberals are so awful that they provoke a violent reaction simply through their own obnoxiousness, which is inescapable due to their control of the media sphere. I don't watch TV at all and I the only right wing media I consume is National Review, my antipathy towards the left is entirely driven by exposure to them.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 6:44 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[

I miss him. He was awesome.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 7:03 pm

auntblabby wrote:

LOL, I'd just about bet money that none of the maybe 1/2 dozen Republicans we've ever had here has said anything remotely like that to you (aside from being against universal healthcare, which is a defensible position), and that plenty of IRL Republicans have been perfectly nice to you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 8:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

One, I'm not conservative, and two, I'm saying that liberals are so awful that they provoke a violent reaction simply through their own obnoxiousness, which is inescapable due to their control of the media sphere. I don't watch TV at all and I the only right wing media I consume is National Review, my antipathy towards the left is entirely driven by exposure to them.

If you're not a conservative, then what are you?
So, just what liberal views are so awful as to justify violence? For the record, I do not entertain wanting to harm conservatives.
Well, maybe you should watch TV. That way you might become better connected with the rest of us. At least you'll be watching some real cool and/or funny programming.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 9:03 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[

Well, now he works for Marjorie Traitor Greene, and pretends he's been "cured of the gay."

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 11:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[

Well, now he works for Marjorie Traitor Greene, and pretends he's been "cured of the gay."

He's also accused of being "minor attracted" so I guess he's got one foot in each party.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 2:04 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
[

He's also accused of being "minor attracted" so I guess he's got one foot in each party.

Not every gay person is a pedophile. In fact most aren't.
As for the "minor" situation, I might be mistaken but I thought he had said he had been taken advantage of by a grown man while he was a teen. As he had spoken positively of the experience, that had been the cause of his public downfall, as I recall.
Can't believe I'm actually defending that a$$hole, Milo!