NYC (Queens) autistic adult peer-led support group

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2022, 2:43 am

I'm one of the facilitators of an autistic peer-led support and social group that holds meetings both in-person and via online text-based chat.

Or next text-based chat meeting is on Tuesday, November 1, at 7:00 PM.

Or next in-person meeting is on Sunday, November 13, at 3:00 PM.

If interested, please join our Meetup group and then RSVP on the appropriate page(s) linked above.

For more information about the support group, see Queens discussion group. For more information about the larger cluster of groups it's a part of, see Groups led or facilitated by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group (APLeG).

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 11:26 am

Tonight (November 15) at 7:00 PM Eastern Time (NYC), we will be having an online discussion meeting (via text-based chat) on the topic of our executive functioning difficulties.

If interested, please join our Meetup group and RSVP here, where you will also find a link to our Zulip chatroom.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 2:31 am

The next text-based chat meeting of our autistic adult peer-led support group is on Tuesday, December 6, at 7:00 PM
Eastern (New York) time.

If interested, please join our Meetup group and then RSVP here, where you will also find a link to our Zulip chatroom.

More info about the group here.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 4:41 am

On Tuesday, December 13, at 7:00 PM Eastern Time (NYC), the Autistic in NYC / Queens discussion group will have our monthly topic-focused online support group meeting (via text-based chat). This will be the last in our series of meetings on the topic of our executive functioning difficulties.

If interested, please join our Meetup group and RSVP here, where you will also find a link to our Zulip chatroom.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 6:18 pm

The next text-based chat meeting of our autistic adult peer-led support group is on Tuesday, January 3, at 7:00 PM
Eastern (New York) time.

If interested, please join our Meetup group and then RSVP here, where you will also find a link to our Zulip chatroom.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 4:32 am

On Sunday, January 19, at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (NYC), there will hopefully be an in-person dinner meeting (unless COVID flares up big time, again! or unless there's a big snowstorm) for people who have attended, or who plan to attend, online chat meetings of the Queens discussion group and/or other groups led or facilitated by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group.

If interested, please join our Meetup group and RSVP here. Please note that RSVP's are especially desired for in-person meetings, so we can know how big a table to reserve.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 5:56 pm

The next text-based chat meeting of our autistic adult peer-led support group is on Tuesday, February 7, at 7:00 PM Eastern (New York) time.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 2:39 pm

The next text-based chat meeting of our autistic adult peer-led support group is on Tuesday, March 7, at 7:00 PM Eastern (New York) time.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 1:39 am

On Saturday, March 11, at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (NYC), there will hopefully be an in-person dinner meeting (unless COVID flares up big time, again! or unless there's a big snowstorm) for people who have attended or plan to attend online chat meetings of the Queens discussion group and/or other groups led or facilitated by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group.

If interested, please join our Meetup group and RSVP here. Please note that RSVP's are especially desired for in-person meetings, so we can know how big a table to reserve.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2023, 5:20 am

Honestly, I'd be really interested to see a list (global or otherwise) of such groups. Might help some people find other people they can talk to in their area. I know there's one in Perth (Australia), but my knowledge of other cities is woefully lacking. A central list or other resource (wiki etc) would be extremely useful. Particularly if various groups wanted to get in touch with each other.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2023, 1:49 am

Dial1194 wrote:
Honestly, I'd be really interested to see a list (global or otherwise) of such groups. Might help some people find other people they can talk to in their area. I know there's one in Perth (Australia), but my knowledge of other cities is woefully lacking. A central list or other resource (wiki etc) would be extremely useful. Particularly if various groups wanted to get in touch with each other.

I agree, such a central list would be very useful. If anyone wants to put such a list together and maintain it, please let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2023, 1:52 am

The next text-based chat meeting of our autistic adult peer-led support group is on Tuesday, April 4, at 7:00 PM Eastern (New York) time.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 6:19 pm

Our next in-person dinner gathering will be on Saturday, April 16, at 3:00 PM. (Please see details and RSVP here on Meetup.com.)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 7:46 pm

The next text-based chat meeting of our autistic adult peer-led support group is on Tuesday, May 2, at 7:00 PM Eastern (New York) time.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 10:01 pm

Our next in-person dinner gathering will be on Sunday, May 21, at 3:00 PM. (Please see details and RSVP here on Meetup.com.)

THIS WILL BE OUR LAST IN-PERSON GATHERING UNTIL SEPTEMBER! We hold in-person gatherings monthly EXCEPT during June, July, August, and December.

(We will continue to hold text-based chat meetings through the summer.)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 12:41 am

The next text-based chat meeting of our autistic adult peer-led support group is on Tuesday, June 6, at 7:00 PM Eastern (New York) time.