…And people wonder why I can’t stand politicians?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2022, 4:03 am

ESPECIALLY with the current fracas between John Fetterman, the Dopeycrat, and Dr. Oz, the Rethuglican.

Haven’t we, the people, learned our lessons, yet, after Reagan and Trump regarding celebrities who think they can govern? (Yes, I know Reagan had experience by attempting to govern California, albeit quite poorly). Now we have a quack outsider from New Jersey going up against a mentally-addled former mayor of Braddock, PA who used to be a financial quack.

Frankly, if a mallard were running, I’d vote for the mallard. At least it knows what it is.

Since I’ve been of voting age back in the 1970’s, almost every president elected to office, save possibly 3, were corrupt beyond belief, and each election cycle, the candidates brought forward are even more corrupt.

Any wonder I don’t vote, until recently? Any wonder, despite being on SSDI and Medicare, I’ve lost faith in this country? After what I’ve witnessed over the past 50+ years, I’ll never vote for another Democrat or Republican candidate. (And I’m not too hep on any of the third party candidates either.

Frankly, I’ve given up. I’d rather watch cartoons all day than participate in civic discourse.

Last edited by MuddRM on 31 Oct 2022, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2022, 6:19 am

I completely understand. This country is a screwed up mess and I'm shocked and frankly embaressed by how many stupid Americans there are trying to destroy their own country. And for what exactly?

Plus I live in a state that has a whackjob named Marjorie Taylor Greene in power AND people here wish to put Herschel Walker in power, a pathological lying lunatic who beat his wife and threatened her with a gun. But hey? He's a black Republican for the Trump cult to say "Hey look! We're not racist!", oh and he's an American football player too which in the southern states is it's own kind of cultish crazy. :|

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 12:27 pm

No wondering about that from me. I just wonder why anybody CAN stand politicians.

There's an old joke:
Q: How can you tell when a politician is telling a lie?
A: Its lips are moving.