Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2022, 10:44 am

How good or bad is your work history?

39, the longest time I have had a job was two years and counting. Lot Attendant. Pushing carts and loading merchandise.

Got made redundant:

UCSF, AAA (same temp agency)
BzzAgent (it was a quarterly contract and they had the nerve to block my password, but did not make me redundant per se)
Wespac

And et cetera

The second longest job was when I was 18, five months cashier

All the jobs close to minimum wage

BA cognitive science
AA accounting

If/when I get too old or injured or made redundant from my current "job", my worthless corpse will be unemployable and nobody will ever hire me again and I will be homeless

How convenient. My "job" is in the middle of a homeless encampment

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2022, 3:15 pm

What does the government do about someone about to face homelessness? Like arent there 'projects' where they have government houses?
Not too familiar with how things work over there?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 4:25 pm

Most Autistic folk struggle with employment, if you delve into the statistics. In the UK, only 15% or so of Autistic folk have full-time jobs. 70% are unemployed (approximate figure).

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2022, 7:29 pm

klanka wrote:
What does the government do about someone about to face homelessness? Like arent there 'projects' where they have government houses?
Not too familiar with how things work over there?

Not a damn thing!

As for me, I got lucky. I managed to get into elder housing, after having applying for such 10 years previously.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 7:49 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
How good or bad is your work history?

39, the longest time I have had a job was two years and counting. Lot Attendant. Pushing carts and loading merchandise.

Got made redundant:

UCSF, AAA (same temp agency)
BzzAgent (it was a quarterly contract and they had the nerve to block my password, but did not make me redundant per se)
Wespac

And et cetera

The second longest job was when I was 18, five months cashier

All the jobs close to minimum wage

BA cognitive science
AA accounting

If/when I get too old or injured or made redundant from my current "job", my worthless corpse will be unemployable and nobody will ever hire me again and I will be homeless

How convenient. My "job" is in the middle of a homeless encampment

I have been unemployed ever since college except when i worked nights at a retail store one month.But nobody will hire me but my dad.Nobody will help me get a job.I have a bachelor's in sociology.I cant afford groceries or rent or anything.Its miserable.I have never had a real job and I am 32.I work for my dad's oil company.I am also a self-employed pastor.I have mowed lawns and worked on the ranch for a little bit of money.But I am a entrepreneur who has never had a real job to be honest.