Be Afraid, Be VERY Afraid- The Draft May Be Back.....

Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,553
Location: Townsville

12 Aug 2007, 10:34 am

I can't see the draft getting up, not after all the protests that happened during the Vietnam war when the US and Australia had conscription.


_________________
Break out you Western girls,
Someday soon you're gonna rule the world.
Break out you Western girls,
Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon


The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,357
Location: Looking down on humanity

12 Aug 2007, 9:22 pm

Yeah, a lot of troubled waters have passed under that bridge since Vietnam, but it still doesn't stop the power-hungry Bush from wanting one last shot at immortality. Why stop at Iraq and getting some sort of proxy US rule there, when the rest of the middle east is just waiting to be plundered by them for their oil? Iran looks like being on the agenda, and don't forget Syria, Jordan etc (anything to protect the Christian motherland). Actually, when you really get down to it, and forget the biblical rubbish about 'promised land', wouldn't it have been better to pick up the whole kit and caboodle of Israel and move them off somewhere else in 1948? They don't seem to care about the neighbouring Palestinians or anyone else, and having a Judeo-Christian enemy planted right in the middle of Islamic territory is asking for trouble. I know you are going to say the Jews were there first, but that's like saying we should give our country back to the aborigines 'cause they were here first. Why should 2% of the population hold the other 98% to ransom, same as a small nation like Israel in a larger Islamic area? And for someone else to want to bomb Mecca and continue the lunacy that the US is carrying on with in the area reeks of total insanity, and should be nipped in the bud forthwith. Lunatics have no place in powerful situations, and it seems that if we don't start to get some sense, things are only gonna get worse, and we may as well be living in bunkers waiting for the fallout to disperse. And war is not the solution, it is the problem.


_________________
Pagans are people too, not just victims of a religious cleansing program. Universal harmony for all!!

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.