The HORRIFIC Torture Of The Women Of The Battle Of Berlin

Page 10 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 1:22 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
At least in part. I hardly see anyone defending what the Soviet army had done in Germany, and that's because historical accounts have shaped our moral reaction to it.

Do you think any amount of historical whitewashing could change the moral reaction to a campaign of mass gang rape? I don't see anyone reacting to the historical consensus, I see people reacting to a morally monstrous crime (and a few mental midgets complaining that we're even talking about this).

Historic whitewashing is just what the Soviets had done in regard to that part of their history.
We have that moral outrage only because of what had happened had been recorded, and that had been the work of historians.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 1:38 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Jakki wrote:
And these people are training grounds for criminal behaviour that the rest of the populations have to endure .. the contradictions in these circumstances … are criminal .. And if you say that is just how it works ?
Wouldn’t. You be contributing to the Situation.?????

Therein lies the hypocrisy of the situation. Digging the archives of history and cherry picking one incident out of millions ina world war is not going to help Ukrianian women or girls or other women who are currently being raped as we speak
Saudi men raping maids from Asia
Saudi soldiers raping Yemeni women
Rohingya women being raped by Burmese soldiers
South Sudanese women being raped by Arabs
Chinese soldiers raping Uyghur women
Sri Lankan soldiers raping Tamil women

This thread serves no other purpose but to push one specific agenda

As I said, soldiers have a reputation of behaving badly.

But some countries are worse than others.
The Soviets/Russians are known for their attitude of rape being part of the spoils of war.
The Russian government turns a blind eye to the atrocity, then and now.

So does the American government, or has everyone already forgotten about that time when Trump pardoned War Criminals?

Oh but I'm sure that no article I could dig up would ever convince those who are thoroughlybrainwashed convinced that any news story that wasnt kissing Trump's arse was "fake news".

But im sharing it anyways. :D

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... -shooting/

You do realise I dislike Trump and wish he would leave the political arena, right?

But what you say is correct about the curse of hyperpartisanship on either side of the political divide. ;)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 1:40 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Historic whitewashing is just what the Soviets had done in regard to that part of their history.
We have that moral outrage only because of what had happened had been recorded, and that had been the work of historians.

You're missing the point; there's no spin possible on this that would excuse the Soviets, they just had to pretend it didn't happen (gotta hand it to the Japanese, they actually tried to spin it...), it wouldn't have mattered who recorded it and it couldn't be covered up forever do to the resulting wave of children etc.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 1:45 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You're missing the point; there's no spin possible on this that would excuse the Soviets, they just had to pretend it didn't happen (gotta hand it to the Japanese, they actually tried to spin it...), it wouldn't have mattered who recorded it and it couldn't be covered up forever do to the resulting wave of children etc.

Tangent:
I read about figures of 100,000 abortions as a result of the Soviet rape fest and 250,000 women who died as a result.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 1:47 am

Pepe wrote:
Tangent:
I read about figures of 100,000 abortions as a result of the Soviet rape fest and 250,000 women who died as a result.

Like I said, should have let Patton bury the entire Red Army and glass Moscow if we had to.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 1:59 am

Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tangent:

Like I said, should have let Patton bury the entire Red Army and glass Moscow if we had to.

Patton wanted to harness the experience and discipline of the Wehrmacht against the Soviet threat.
That probably got him assassinated.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 2:01 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

A great number of those children of rape never got to be born, as many of the victims had committed suicide. One source I read claimed many German rape victims often killed the babies.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 2:07 am

Pepe wrote:
Patton wanted to harness the experience and discipline of the Wehrmacht against the Soviet threat.

Well, considering that I would have liked to have exterminated the Red Army and the entire Stalinist regime and we weren't shy about borrowing German talent in other fields...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 2:13 am

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tangent:

I'm not a big believer in a Patton assassination plot. I'd expect something a bit more reliable than a bunch of hung over G.I.'s rear ending his car.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Nov 2022, 3:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
At least in part. I hardly see anyone defending what the Soviet army had done in Germany, and that's because historical accounts have shaped our moral reaction to it.
Ahem... some of us have our own family histories directly tangled to it. And still struggle with multi-generational trauma.
Historians are doing their jobs, sure, but even completely unrecorded history impacts its survivors.

And here we stand, their children and grandchildren, struggling to understand our society-wide C-PTSD symptoms. It's real.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 4:13 am

Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Well, considering that I would have liked to have exterminated the Red Army and the entire Stalinist regime and we weren't shy about borrowing German talent in other fields...

lol
Yeah, the hypocrisy.

AAmeria/CIA/CIC instigated "Operation Paperclip".

Quote:
Operation Paperclip was a secret United States intelligence program in which more than 1,600 German scientists, engineers, and technicians were taken from the former Nazi Germany to the U.S. for government employment after the end of World War II in Europe, between 1945 and 1959. Conducted by the Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency (JIOA), it was largely carried out by special agents of the U.S. Army's Counterintelligence Corps (CIC). Many of these personnel were former members, and some were former leaders of the Nazi Party.[1][2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

And much of the Nazi electronic harassment and brainwashing technology/techniques were also utilised by the AAmeerian government.

MKUltra:

Quote:
Project MKUltra (or MK-Ultra)[a] was an illegal human experimentation program designed and undertaken by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), intended to develop procedures and identify drugs that could be used in interrogations to weaken individuals and force confessions through brainwashing and psychological torture.[1][2][3][4] It began in 1953, was reduced in scope in 1964 and 1967, and was halted in 1973. MKUltra used numerous methods to manipulate its subjects' mental states and brain functions, such as the covert administration of high doses of psychoactive drugs (especially LSD) and other chemicals, electroshocks,[5] hypnosis,[6][7] sensory deprivation, isolation, and verbal and sexual abuse, in addition to other forms of torture.[8][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKUltra

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 4:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tangent:

I'm not a big believer in a Patton assassination plot. I'd expect something a bit more reliable than a bunch of hung over G.I.'s rear ending his car.

This is simply my considered, enlightened opinion:

He was assassinated.
There was a major coverup.
End of story.

After all, things like this have occurred before and since.
Think in terms of Jeffrey Epstein. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 4:21 am

magz wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Ahem... some of us have our own family histories directly tangled to it. And still struggle with multi-generational trauma.
Historians are doing their jobs, sure, but even completely unrecorded history impacts its survivors.

And here we stand, their children and grandchildren, struggling to understand our society-wide C-PTSD symptoms. It's real.

<comfort>

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 4:50 am

Dox47 wrote:
(and a few mental midgets complaining that we're even talking about this).

I'm really curious what your endgame is "demanding" we talk about this? Do you think people who don't want to take about rape are mental midgets? what about those who have PTSD? do you think it's funny to make fun of people who experienced sexual assault not wanting to read stories of rape from 80 years ago where both the victims and perpatrators are long dead?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Nov 2022, 5:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
(and a few mental midgets complaining that we're even talking about this).

I'm really curious what your endgame is "demanding" we talk about this? Do you think people who don't want to take about rape are mental midgets? what about those who have PTSD? do you think it's funny to make fun of people who experienced sexual assault not wanting to read stories of rape from 80 years ago where both the victims and perpatrators are long dead?
I did at least twice in this thread explained why it is important to talk about it - including citing a Russsian survivor of the soviet system.
Silencing and making a taboo of past attrocities makes their impact worse and lingering for longer.
For the same reason, we need to talk about the attrocities of e.g. slavery and colonialism. It's the only way to make peace with the past.

If you are uncomfortable discussing this topic, don't discuss it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 5:05 am

magz wrote:
If you are uncomfortable discussing this topic, don't discuss it.

Which is not the same thing as calling people who are impacted by the content "mental midgets"