The HORRIFIC Torture Of The Women Of The Battle Of Berlin

Page 12 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2022, 9:26 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Everything has to be put in perspective of the world of the 1930`s & 40`s

1. France & Britain were happy to appease Hitler until the invasion of Poland
2. The US didn't care and was happy to fund both sides until it was attacked by Japan at Pearl Harbor two years later.

Even when Hitler occupied W Europe & nearly defeated Britain at Dunkirk leading the door open to an invasion of Britain, officially the US didn't care.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/ ... ndworldwar

3. Protecting civilians were really an afterthought back then as seen by the bombing of Dresden and the two nuclear bombs by US on Japan

4. It was common practice among US troops to mutilate dead Japanese soldiers taking skulls and other body parts as war souvenirs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... e_war_dead

I love how this guy has a George Shaw quote as his signature. Shaw was a well known Stalin fan.

You are forgetting on #3 that WW2 was unlike WW1 in its attacks on civilians and it was controversial by the contemporaries. Basically the people who had no problem with it shouted down the people who did and called him wimps.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 11:18 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 11:47 pm

^^^
:lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 5:07 am

Why is Trump in this thread? Seriously.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Nov 2022, 5:17 am

Dox47 wrote:
Why is Trump in this thread? Seriously.

Right now - because you mentioned him.
The rest already agreed it was off-topic and moved on.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 12:51 pm

Thank you PePe for posting this thread . Those women endured bad things and most people do not even consider the things that went on after the War was over !. 8O 8O :( :o
Little off topic , sometimes timing makes all the difference and Aspies are not known for observing
Stuff like this .. myself included.. as well documented by some of my faux Paus here on wrong planet.
But current Warzone over in
Ukraine has probably got most of the focus these days .
But PePe is probably the only Aussie , I have contact with and am proud to know of him, and stuff he brings to this site ! 8)

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 7:38 pm

Jakki wrote:
But PePe is probably the only Aussie , I have contact with and am proud to know of him, and stuff he brings to this site ! 8)

Thank you, my little chick-a-dee. <hug> :mrgreen:

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 5:24 pm

Apologies for being late to the party—

My 2¢:

Yes, absolutely horrible what the Soviets did to the women of Berlin. Inexcusable.

But it’s not incomprehensible what anyone can do to other people in wartime. It’s not good, but it happens. When you consider the relentless assault Hitler raged in the east, he set in motion a series of events that left Germany vulnerable.

In contrast to WWII, WWI saw little to no fighting within Germany itself. Germany had previously attempted land grabs before, and little was done about it because most of Europe had already been involved in imperialism. Nobody went against Germany over expansionist policies. Germany invaded a “neutral” country that had long entered into a treaty with England for protection should Germany ever cross into Belgium. When Germany ultimately failed in their objectives and their government was left in ruins, the Germans collectively gave up.

Had you been within a German city at that time, you’d never know they were at war.

By contrast, Hitler not only brought the enemy within the gates of Germany, he fed his own people to the Russian wolves—the idea being that the German people had proven themselves unworthy and unfit as a superior race. What the Russians did is not excusable in the least, and we should never blame the women of Berlin for what happened to them. But I would like to point out that Hitler’s rise to power is directly a result of the people of Germany elevating him to that status. Hitler only had the power the German people granted him. The German people WERE responsible for that, and that means they are responsible themselves for weakening the Reich and leaving themselves vulnerable. THEY have to answer for the Holocaust. THEY left themselves open to reprisals from Russia when Germany lost its ability to protect its people.

Abuse of others is never right. It would be nice if people would just leave each other alone. Women shouldn’t be afraid of walking down dark alleys at night. But we live in a sick world in which that is seen as an open invitation. Is walking alone through a dark alley at night worth the risk of getting hurt or killed just to make a point? So should we genuinely take someone as seriously when they commit genocide and pick fights they cannot possibly win? In WWI, the Germans fought the Russians to a standstill with the Russians only blinking because of political upheaval. Were the odds of a repeat ever in Hitler’s favor? Highly doubtful, and no doubt Russia could have ultimately pulled ahead in WWI if they’d chosen to try. You can go down that dark alley with some muscle and have a fighting chance. So what happened to the women in Berlin, while undoubtedly evil, should come as no surprise to anyone.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 5:32 pm

^^^
The Germans have taken responsibility for the Holocaust. Few of the people actually involved are alive anymore.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 5:35 pm

Not to appear contrary , but the horrors visited on the women of Berlin , Where after the War was over ,
If that has any revolence to this discussion .

where ever you go ,there you are

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 5:51 pm

Sometimes i feel that the Germans are the only ones to ever truly admit that they were in the wrong during the war, even after we tore their country in half.

Americans never really apologized for nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki and created that stupid myth about how they "saved more lives" with the bomb.

They also never really apologized for locking up Japanese American families in prison camps until many years later.

The Russians sure as hell have never apologized for the atrocious stuff they did and never will. Hell they take a smug pride in it.

And as much as Japan has tried to rebuild their world image as a peaceful country, they never officially apologized for what they did to the Chinese or to American soldiers who were captured from what I understand.

And I've heard that the British werent exactly to nice to the Germans even the ones who were against Nazism. Some were imprisoned simply for the crime of being German much like how Americans treated the Japanese immigrants in their own country.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 6:43 pm

Not that the USA has nothing to apologize for, but dropping the nukes on Japan isn’t one of them.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 6:48 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Not that the USA has nothing to apologize for, but dropping the nukes on Japan isn’t one of them.

^ Exhibit A

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 9:26 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sometimes i feel that the Germans are the only ones to ever truly admit that they were in the wrong during the war, even after we tore their country in half.

Americans never really apologized for nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki and created that stupid myth about how they "saved more lives" with the bomb.

They also never really apologized for locking up Japanese American families in prison camps until many years later.

The Russians sure as hell have never apologized for the atrocious stuff they did and never will. Hell they take a smug pride in it.

And as much as Japan has tried to rebuild their world image as a peaceful country, they never officially apologized for what they did to the Chinese or to American soldiers who were captured from what I understand.

And I've heard that the British werent exactly to nice to the Germans even the ones who were against Nazism. Some were imprisoned simply for the crime of being German much like how Americans treated the Japanese immigrants in their own country.

Just because a conflict get's called "World war" hardly makes it the only atrocity. Almost every western power in existence has been involved in genocide and covering it up in the last couple of centuries.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 9:29 pm

AngelRho wrote:
But I would like to point out that Hitler’s rise to power is directly a result of the people of Germany elevating him to that status. Hitler only had the power the German people granted him. The German people WERE responsible for that, and that means they are responsible themselves for weakening the Reich and leaving themselves vulnerable. THEY have to answer for the Holocaust. THEY left themselves open to reprisals from Russia when Germany lost its ability to protect its people.

That perfectly aligns with what I have been posting. I think even the moderators seem to be ignorant of how responsibility and consequences of one's actions actually work in the natural world.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 9:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Just because a conflict get's called "World war" hardly makes it the only atrocity. Almost every western power in existence has been involved in genocide and covering it up in the last couple of centuries.

Well to be fair so has every eastern power in existence. And yeah I'm well aware that in every single war that ever happened in the history of mankind you always get war crimes commited by both sides which the victors try to cover up in the history books.