Mystery of Pen Shuai a Moral Failure

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 8:17 pm

The world has marked a dark milestone in the disappearance of Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai and the latest news shows a “moral failure”.
Where is Peng Shuai?
It’s a question that has been asked countless times over the past 12 months – and one which is returning to headlines as the world marks a dark milestone in the chapter.

Exactly 365 days from the tennis star’s first social media post accusing retired Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli of sexually assaulting her, her wherabouts and wellbeing remain a mystery.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/mo ... 5c8ee7d064
The IOC was the first sports body to make contact with Peng before this year’s Winter Olympics.

The IOC said it “has been in regular contact with Peng” since those controversial Games.But outside of a small group of Olympics officials, her exact location remains a mystery.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 10:17 pm

This is one of the reasons why I don't trust the CCP and have zero respect for their sympathizers here in the US.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 12:01 am

Unfortunately this is not unique to the CCP. This happened in Malaysia as well when one of the ministers was having an affair
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of ... Altantuyaa

In Asian countries when a high official or minister is caught with a young woman, or the woman goes public, often the minister uses his influence to have the woman he is having an affair with taken out or murdered to save embarrassment.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 11:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Unfortunately this is not unique to the CCP. This happened in Malaysia as well when one of the ministers was having an affair
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of ... Altantuyaa

In Asian countries when a high official or minister is caught with a young woman, or the woman goes public, often the minister uses his influence to have the woman he is having an affair with taken out or murdered to save embarrassment.

That's really awful but not surprising. I think those in power can literally get away with murder, not just in Asia but pretty much everything.

This is why we should never trust those in power kids. :|

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 10:32 pm

Call me a cynic, but I fear the worst.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 3:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Call me a cynic, but I fear the worst.

My guess is she could be alive but placed in a re-education camp.

There's a long tradition in Libya with Gaddafi, China with Mao and with the North Korean Kims (father and son) arbitrarily sleeping with any woman of any age in their respective regimes they chose. When you permit unfettered authoritarianism this is inevitable.

I think if they murdered Pen Shuai she would become a martyr for the anti-CCP movements overseas so my guess is she's alive but under constant monitoring.