Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 5:59 pm

I’m NEVER going to move out of my apartment!! I’m going to die living here. My life was so much better before my Aspergers got worse, my mom died & my sister got in my life more. Now my life is one VERY BIG MESS.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 12:39 pm

Hi Kitty.

I don't have any advice to offer. I just can't stand it when someone says something like that and no one responds. I think, like me, they don't really know how to respond.

So this is just to say that I hear you. And I'm sorry that's how you're feeling. I hope you feel something different soon.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 12:55 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m NEVER going to move out of my apartment!! I’m going to die living here. My life was so much better before my Aspergers got worse, my mom died & my sister got in my life more. Now my life is one VERY BIG MESS.

Do you see any possibility of moving to another state?
Your tag says you live in California, which as I'm sure you are aware is an unusually expensive place to live.

If you have reasons that tie you to where you are now, I understand, but consider the option to make a big change in your life.

13 years ago, after 5 months of nearly total dysfunction that followed an epic meltdown that landed me in a psych ward, I drove out to Northern Nevada / Northern California, where I have lived (nearly) ever since. I think I can honestly say that the change may have saved my life.

The old saying "two can live cheaper than one" also applies, if you can tolerate a roommate (or more than one). Obviously, this would be best done with a person or people you already know, and can tolerate.
Jumping into a roomie situation with strangers may be a very bad idea.

Darron the (now) High Desert Dweller...

QuietOne1989
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2022, 4:30 pm

I feel the same way. My life doesn't look promising.

Only really here for other people. Not myself.

I hear you, too.