Anybody else really relate to changeling myths

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Do you relate to the myths of the changelings, Spock, and/or Enkidu?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Who? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

scathach
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2022, 8:08 pm

Ik that changelings are now thought to have been likely neurodivergent kids.
As a result, these myths have really been resonating with me, much like Enkidu and Spock.
Like the name of this forum, I often feel out of place, even among my own family. Obviously some of the obvious similarities to the changeling myths are there, like odd emotional responses, ritualistic idiosyncrasies, discomfort in my own skin, and whatnot, but there is just something more to the changeling myth imo.
Like the changeling, I often feel like I am taking advantage of the kindness of my family. I am unsure of my capability for even familial love, so it always seems like they pour more emotion and thought into me than I can ever reciprocate. Like a cuckoo.
I also for some reason cannot remember much of my life before I moved to where I live now, 6 years ago. The pictures I have been shown of myself before then, from the first decade of my life, look like complete strangers to me. Because of this, there was this phase, a few years ago, when I became convinced that either something had triggered a complete fracturing of my sense of self, or I was somehow not the "me" that previously lived with my parents. I know now that both of these scenarios are highly unlikely, but the question still remains of why I can hardly remember over half of my life, and why the memories from that first decade seem hazy, almost fabricated. So I continue on with my day to day, always returning to the changeling myths which have no entranced me.