Feel like my time should be spent on other things

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 7:23 pm

I sometimes feel as though my time should be spent wisely and more carefully with other things other than the hobbies and other things I do (e.g. reading, writing lists etc). I seem to think that physical fitness is a craze that everyone seems to be into. I never really had any interest in going to a gym and I even now don't feel I want to. I've got a pair of bar-bell weights and did press-ups at home which I do sometimes but not very often. I did them quite regularly during the lockdowns. I can never seem to get myself into that strict 24 hour fitness routine that other people seem to do. I also can't seem to want to turn my diet into something else because those people I see must adhere to strict dietary regime. I still sometimes think I look too thin even though I may have filled up a little but I don't look muscular even though I seem as though I seem to have a six pack which I had already when I was at school. I feel my metabolism burns the food I eat quickly and I can't seem to put on a lot of weight even though I don't really want to be putting on a lot of weight. I don't want put on weight and then think I've over-done it and I certainly don't want to get fat. And I also think do I really want to look all muscular ? I seem to think I'd have to be someone who passionate about physical fitness and does it 24/7 all the time and I also seem to think what will it achieve for me? Is it always just a way to make yourself attractive to the opposite sex as they seem to portray it in TV and films ? If it is just that, then is there really much point in doing it. I feel that if I did all this stuff I'd end up thinking to myself ''Why am I doing this ?'' and worry I'll end up feeling like I've missed out on the things I actually WANT to do like the reading and writing and feel that I've only been doing this because I seem to think other people are doing and trying to compare myself to them and it may lead to more frustration for me.