Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 6:41 am

Last night when I was with friends as well as having a few to many pint of 3.5 percent bud light beer I also had a few cigarettes. The thing is I never smoke during the week but when I do I find the nicotine rush it gives me makes it very addictive.

Should I be worried about my addictive habits?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 7:38 am

smoking is really addictive, so thats something to look out for

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 7:47 am

klanka wrote:
smoking is really addictive, so thats something to look out for

The nicotine rush is something that makes you feel really eutrophic.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 8:35 am

I only smoked a little, I heard really bad smokers coughs in the morning when I was in a shelter. THey sound like they are tortured every morning.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 4:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
Last night when I was with friends as well as having a few to many pint of 3.5 percent bud light beer I also had a few cigarettes. The thing is I never smoke during the week but when I do I find the nicotine rush it gives me makes it very addictive.

Yes, you should. Both smoking and drinking are proven to cause all sorts of fatal diseases including cancer. You will also age faster. When you are 40 years old, you could be looking like 55 or 60 years old. You definitely wouldn't want to be taking those horrible substances.

I've stopped drinking alcohol on a regular basis recently. As I'm not addicted, it's easy for me to stop drinking. I've never smoked in my life. As well as being bad for health, smoking makes you very unattractive, because it makes you stink and makes you look like a loser.

Edit: fixed wrong grammar

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 4:39 am

temp1234 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Yes, you should. Both smoking and drinking are proven to cause all sorts of fatal diseases including cancer. You will also age faster. When you are 40 years old, you could be looking like 55 or 60 years old. You definitely wouldn't want to be taking those horrible substances.

I've stopped drinking alcohol on a regular basis recently. As I'm not addicted, it's easy for me to stop drinking. I've never smoked in my life. As well as being bad for health, smoking makes you very unattractive, because it makes you stink and makes you look like a loser.

Edit: fixed wrong grammar

I have been drinking on and off since 2007 so I guess it's to late for me

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:30 pm

I couldn't get past the first puff of a cigarette. I went into a coughing fit. I never smoked again.

I used to like cigarette commercials, though :)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 6:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I couldn't get past the first puff of a cigarette. I went into a coughing fit. I never smoked again.

I have got an addictive personality unfourtantly

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2022, 4:58 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I was reading a book on addictive personality. That it was all in the mind and you need a mindset shift more than anything.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 8:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Addictive tendencies can sometimes be genetic, as well as being learned behaviours.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 8:23 pm

You mentioned several times that you were worried about developing kidney or liver disease / cancer from drinking.
Did you get that checked?
If you're worried about renal failure you shouldn't even consider smoking.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 2:32 am

[quote="IsabellaLinton"]You mentioned several times that you were worried about developing kidney or liver disease / cancer from drinking.
Did you get that checked?
If you're worried about renal failure you shouldn't even consider smoking.[/quote

No i did not get it checked.

Can you have cancer and not even realise it?

I drink 5 pinta of water a day

enz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 7:06 pm

Cigarettes can sneak there way into a bigger part of your life and cross your red lines you set up