The end/rapture happening in my lifetime

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 3:22 pm

With all the current events and talk about WW3 among others like corruption, and that the current events seem to correspond with the details of the end times as described in the Christian bible, I am nervous about it. I am at 30 so I am not that old yet, so I am lucky if I at least see my 40th birthday before this world ends, and even so it would be a miserable and bleak quality of life that you wouldn't want to be alive anyway. I want the life that my parents and grandparents had. Stuff is already bad enough. I don't know if I can or can't handle it mentally becoming much worse. I longed a lot for a woman companion since I was a teenager but have not been completely fulfilled on that part, but since there is no sexuality in Heaven it concerns me never being able to get it anymore for eternity.

Are there any other younger members on here sharing the same concern of what I described?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 4:05 pm

Yes. There are.

One aspect you could potentially have is a rapture which avoids death.

Nothing bad about wanting a marriage partner. Many of us are single. It is a good thing if one finds one, but if one does not, it can be easier in some ways... Better to look but not be too eager that one makes a mistake.

I can't speak for women as I am not a woman, so I don't know if women want to be with men. (Some do I believe). I do not really know how to go about dating as one can be filled with passion but not know where to go for there to find ones significent other. Is a mystery to me how this works.
I mean... How is it possible for a woman to like me? That sort of feeling...
And then comes the finding the right lady etc etc.

Also there is the concern about burning with passion while one waits where one feels unworthy due to this etc...

So many questions and as I don't have a lot of experience as I have never married and I am older than you, it is not easy to answer... But I understand where you are coming from in what you say.

There are some beautifully hearted ladies out there so do not give up hope.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 6:18 pm

I thought God was saying to me that my relationship with him influences my relationship with women.

So I go on prayer walks about 2-3 times a week. and pray at other times. But it has to be balanced.

Ever since doing that my relationship with a certain woman has improved. Before that she wasnt talking to me at all.

about a year ago I went too far and devoted all my time to prayer and other religious activities, that was actually punished cos it was torturing myself.

So that was the key to the whole issue of dating etc.

Now about the end times... :D
You could've said it was going to happen when Hitler invaded Poland or just after 911, but no 20 years has gone by since then.
No one knows the day or hour remember..

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 3:37 am

The only thing we're going to see that comes even remotely close is a Ford Raptor driving down the highway.

People have been saying "The end is near!" for literally ages.. and it's never come to fruition and isn't likely to any time soon.

Now, human caused effects of climate change possibly tipping the Earth's ecosystems further into the next mass extinction event.. that's more likely. Science nerds have measured significant reductions in insects, wildlife, and fish over the last 50 years, so, it's entirely probable that'll continue & accelerate over the next 50. But we're still not going to see some sort of Biblical end of days scene play out, so just relax and find yourself a date on Christian Mingle or something. Just set your profile text to "Looking to hookup before the rapture!" and you'll probably find a like minded female not wanting to waste any pre-rapture nights being single. 8)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 4:39 pm

I don't believe in the Rapture or any religion-based predictions of the world ending, only science-based ones. So obviously if the rapture really does happen, I know I definitely won't be one of the chosen ones who floats up to sky daddy while leaving my clothes neatly folded on the ground like in that 90s propaganda video I once saw.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 10:28 am

We can tell from reading between the lines of Paul's Letters to the Corinthians in the Bible that he assumed that Christ would return, and that the world was going to end, in his own lifetime, and of those he was writing to...in the First Century AD!

And Christians have been convinced that the end is neigh in every generation since then for the last two thousand years.

And the evidence you're worried about...wars, rumors of wars, plague, and pestilence, corruption, etc, have also been happening in every year for the last two thousand years. :lol:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Nov 2022, 11:14 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't believe in the Rapture or any religion-based predictions of the world ending, only science-based ones. So obviously if the rapture really does happen, I know I definitely won't be one of the chosen ones who floats up to sky daddy while leaving my clothes neatly folded on the ground like in that 90s propaganda video I once saw.

I remember that movie and the left-behind clothes so they didn't vanish completely without trace like in many alien abduction / sci fi scenarios.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2022, 9:49 pm

Religion is designed to prey on your weaknesses and fear of death/eternal damnation is one of them.

The human species has been through "end times" before. Its thought that about 70,000 years ago a supervolcano went off in modern day Indonesia that resulted in almost all humans dying. We have genetic evidence that this occurred and its why the human species is so genetically homogenous. Dogs have more genetic variance than humans.

Even if nuclear war happened, as a percentage of humans and number of humans we would still be better off than those humans were when that supervolcano went off.

Or you could look at the Black Death in which killed between 30%-60% of people in areas it hit. Imagine how it would have felt to live in a town in which even 30% died in a short time! Society would collapse. The survivors would have intense PTSD.

Global warming is scary but even the worst case estimates are that it will cause about 5-6% world GDP damage.

Its hardly the end of the world. The people that should be worrying are those living along the equator and its likely if you are writing on a computer you are in a country that will probably build higher walls to keep them out when it comes.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 8:12 pm

I don't think other people's worldview can relate to me here. A majority of people on here are anti-right or anti-conservative socially and politically, they think anything like that is stupid, evil, or even dangerous.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 2:53 am

What if God already threw The Rapture, and there were so few found worthy that the rest of us never noticed?

What we now know as "Life" may actually be "Hell".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 4:46 am

I don't see any flames lickin at me feet so I'll presume myself to be on earth.
:wink:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 8:22 pm

klanka wrote:
I don't see any flames lickin at me feet so I'll presume myself to be on earth.
:wink:
Then where are we going, why is it getting warmer, and what are we doing in this handbasket?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 9:04 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I don't think other people's worldview can relate to me here. A majority of people on here are anti-right or anti-conservative socially and politically, they think anything like that is stupid, evil, or even dangerous.

Even Religious Right folks would have issues with you. Especially your worry about missing out on carnal delights. you're supposed to welcome the Rapture cause your presumably going to Heaven. you're supposed to value that more than getting laid! Jeeze! :lol:

But also they would tell you that "the final hour is known only to Father". Worrying about Ukraine turing in WWIII is one thing, but saying that you're sure that the religous Judgment Day is coming in your lifetime might strike some religious folks as blasphemous, or even heretical.

Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 11:36 pm

I'm a deeply religious Christian.

I'm sorry you are feeling stressed about this.

I agree with those reminding you that the Bible says that no one knows when the end will come.

I believe that once we are in heaven, we will actually not want anything that isn't there. Marriage is meant to be a lesser picture of what we will have when we are finally with our Savior. It will be so good to be fully with Jesus that we won't want anything less anymore. It is hard to imagine that now, but it will make sense once we're there.

I probably won't look at this thread again because I don't have any stomach right now for arguing or handling criticism, but I wanted to give a Christian perspective for the sake of the person asking for help.

RAADS-R: 122.0

Not a doctor.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 9:04 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Even Religious Right folks would have issues with you. Especially your worry about missing out on carnal delights. you're supposed to welcome the Rapture cause your presumably going to Heaven. you're supposed to value that more than getting laid! Jeeze! :lol:

But also they would tell you that "the final hour is known only to Father". Worrying about Ukraine turing in WWIII is one thing, but saying that you're sure that the religous Judgment Day is coming in your lifetime might strike some religious folks as blasphemous, or even heretical.

I don't actually consider myself specifically as "Religious right" but I am socially and politically right on most things, but some I am center or left on.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 10:03 pm

Source:  The 15 Greatest End of the World Prophecy FAILs 

:D