Page 3 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Nov 2022, 10:57 am

I can't handle crocheted things like scarves, blankets, hats. I can was around in (I think its felt or wool) PJs but I can't sleep in them. I sleep with a vrlvet blanked but its not preferred unless I'm freezing. My regular comforter has cold tough fabric but soft enough to cuddle. Funny all these years I wondered why I would try to sleep with a teddy bear, but something always felt off, he'd end up next to me and I'd pet him he he.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 5:32 am

I used to wear jeans only a few years ago but my tolerance wore off. Jeans are just too rough. I found some soft pants that are a little loose and look like jeans and that's good enough for me.

I'm fat and so I don't wear tight shirts. Very unflattering. For my volunteering I have to wear a black collared shirt and a red apron. Took me a while to get used to those.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 7:01 am

Well, winter is drawing closer and I'm not looking forward to having to wear trousers. I can't get excited about trousers, at all. I like and collect shorts.

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2022, 3:52 am

The clothes that I dislike:

Polo Shirts
Jeans
Shorts
Swimming trunks
T-shirts with small badged image\logo on the top left
Full button shirts
Slacks

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 2:50 pm

Dislike more or less everything except comfy soft cotton clothes that fit well (not too tight and not too baggy). Must not lack good, practical pockets in the right places.

Hate collars and ties unless they're a perfect fit (too small feels like I'm being strangled, too big and it just feels wrong), and as I'd only want to wear a tie for fun (and rarely at that), in practice I just avoid them as they're of no practical use and I'm against the corporate suit-and-tie ideology, I'd only wear those to show off and I don't show off very often. If I wore a suit it would have to be like Saul Goodman's or an authentic Victorian style. Must have wide lapels and a button hole for a flower, just in case I want to wear one.

Dislike pale shirts, trousers and coats mostly, don't quite know why (I'm slim so it can't be the obesity illusion thing) but I don't like how I look in them and they show all the dirt, though I rather like a light-coloured T-shirt under a dark shirt. Might wear a moderately bright coloured shirt. Hate most written messages on shirts, if I'm going to say anything that way I'd sooner choose my own words, same for pictures. No brand names or company logos unless maybe it was my own company and that's unlikely.

Hate shorts for aesthetic reasons. I'd feel undignified.

Don't much like most shoes, prefer rugged black or brown boots, again must be comfy and easy to get on and off. And thick, comfy cotton socks to keep my feet warm and to cushion my feet. No problem with most sock colours but wouldn't normally go for pink, fluorescent.

Hats - used to like baseball caps when I was a kid (though I've never had one), then began to hate them, still mostly do, but it's under review because the visor bit looks useful for shielding the eyes against the sun's glare. Probably would rarely wear a hat, but like them for protection from skin cancer, so it needs a wide brim like a stylish straw hat or gangster hat. Hate woolly hats for aesthetic reasons, and probably sensory reasons. Never worn one. Prefer just wearing a coat with a hood, but dislike most coat styles.

Coats: Should have a hood usually, one that doesn't blow down in the wind. Like farmers' wax jackets in brown and dark green. Don't mind a Crombie, love the look of a Victorian frock coat but haven't tried one yet. Hate school uniforms and all blazers except striped ones - I used to have one but they said I looked like a hallucinogen user so I stopped wearing it. :evil: Dislike most other coats.

Happy to have a scarf round my neck if it's tied right and tucked into my coat, like a cravat.

A note on trousers: I prefer mostly jeans, but blue denim bores me. Prefer black or dark green. Would consider chequered if not too loud. Zip needs to be well-designed. I won't go into detail about that.

I've disliked pyjamas since I was a teenager but I'm beginning to see the advantage of possible protection from the bedclothes brushing over my skin and making me itch, and the benefit of instant decency in the event of a bathroom trip when guests are staying.

Summary: Most clothes just seem uncomfortable and look stupid to me, but there are exceptions. I'd like to be very good at making my own clothes.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 3:34 pm

Aspie With Attitude wrote:

Polo Shirts
Jeans
Shorts
Swimming trunks
Full button shirts
Slacks

Do you wear underwear and that's it?

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 5:15 pm

lace
scratchy seams
terry-cloth stuff
most polyester
shoes with really confining toe boxes (I learned as an adult that this is the word for it)
those overly fluffy socks and slippers that just make your feet feel rough and disgusting (not sure how else to describe)

My texture issues aside, I hate how feminine formal wear seems like it's designed to always keep the wearer cold.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 5:27 pm

Fern wrote:
shoes with really confining toe boxes........<snip>.......My texture issues aside, I hate how feminine formal wear seems like it's designed to always keep the wearer cold.

Oh yes I forgot, my shoes have to fit perfectly, and most shoes don't. They either cut off my circulation or they feel like they're falling off. I feel sorry for women who have this horrible social pressure to wear uncomfortable and unhealthy shoes. Don't get me started on women's revealing clothes. I'm just glad I'm male and therefore not expected to do any of that stuff.

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2022, 2:32 am

rse92 wrote:
Aspie With Attitude wrote:

Polo Shirts
Jeans
Shorts
Swimming trunks
Full button shirts
Slacks

Do you wear underwear and that's it?

I do wear underwear since you didn't see on the list, I dead full set live my life wearing tracksuits which involves:

- Adidas trackpants with the three stripes
- Sweatpants with downward prints (From American colleges to any American sporting teams)
- Hoodies
- Backward worn caps
- Adidas Jackets with the three stripes
- Regular t-shirts with large prints
- Grey sweatpants
- NIKE Airmax 90s
- I love to swim with my clothes on

THIS IS WHAT I LOVE WEARING

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 7:10 am

I have huge issues with shoes. Its a much bigger part of my life than it should be tbh, but it just takes over sometimes. I hate the feeling of putting on shoes and it makes me feel panicky. I keep shoes for years until they are falling apart as I can't bear the thought of getting new shoes

I have been planning, and putting off, buying walking shoes for the past year. 2 weeks ago I went to a shop and got some. It was pretty stressful and I had to try on 3 different shoes. in the end I felt panicked and just bought the ones I tried on, knowing they were not comfy, but non shoes are. got home and tried them on, they don't fit right, made me feel awful and I lasted 1 mile in them. What a waste of time, stress and money.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 7:57 am

I hate wearing a suit, unless I am testifying as a witness for the prosecution in criminal court.

I hate wearing a uniform, unless it gets me a discount on Veteran's Day.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kkjane2010
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2022, 11:57 am

I cannot stand wearing gloves. Especially if they are tight or like hospital gloves. They make my skin crawl. This was a huge problem for me when I worked in Healthcare. To wear the gloves I would have to shake my hands or make fists just to stand the feeling of it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 4:30 pm

Sweat pants and leggings. I've always hated how they make my legs feel like two disgusting overstuffed sausages and the little balls of link that build up between the legs and the groin area. I don't even understand how people can stand wearing sweatpants when they're "relaxing" around the house.

Cuffs with buttons on long-sleeved shirts. When I was a kid I once forgot to unbutton them before taking off a shirt and I couldn't get the sleeves off, or put the shirt back on, and it was like a freaking strait jacket. I ended up cutting the buttons off with scissors and sewing them back on later.

Pajama pants. They ride halfway up my legs and sometimes even cut off the circulation at the knees and then I have to get out of bed to pull them back down.

Night gowns. I used to like or not mind wearing them when I was younger, but now I find they just twist around my body whenever I move in bed and get really uncomfortable. Spending the night at my mother's house can be hard because I'm only really comfortable sleeping in a tank top and underwear but obviously don't want to be seen nearly-naked when I get up. I do have a bathrobe I can throw on.

Long, above the ankle-type socks because they fall down around your ankles and are all saggy and baggy. Socks that won't stay up, pants legs that won't stay down. It's like our clothes live to give us pain and frustration.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 9:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
I hate wearing a suit, unless I am testifying as a witness for the prosecution in criminal court.

I hate wearing a uniform, unless it gets me a discount on Veteran's Day.

I'd still hate wearing those things, especially if the court suit had to be all corporate and boring (I suppose a flash, colourful suit would be too much for the stuffy bastards). But the desire for the result a corporate suit or armed services uniform might get me could tip my behavioural balance if the result was rather important to me. Otherwise it wouldn't. I've never actually worn a military uniform so I can't be sure, but there's a warning verse from the theme song of an old comedy show called The Army Game:

They shave your whiskers and cut your hair
They give you something brown to wear
The trousers don't fit anywhere
And neither does the coat

If that's anything like true, that discount would have to be very important to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 9:30 pm

^ With my first military paycheck, I had my dress uniforms tailored to fit, and always passed inspection after that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 12:00 am

You're tempting me to look into the well-fitting uniform market. I think this might go with my eyes: