Page 4 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 2:08 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I hate wearing a suit, unless I am testifying as a witness for the prosecution in criminal court.

I hate wearing a uniform, unless it gets me a discount on Veteran's Day.

I'd still hate wearing those things, especially if the court suit had to be all corporate and boring (I suppose a flash, colourful suit would be too much for the stuffy bastards). But the desire for the result a corporate suit or armed services uniform might get me could tip my behavioural balance if the result was rather important to me. Otherwise it wouldn't. I've never actually worn a military uniform so I can't be sure, but there's a warning verse from the theme song of an old comedy show called The Army Game:

They shave your whiskers and cut your hair
They give you something brown to wear
The trousers don't fit anywhere
And neither does the coat

If that's anything like true, that discount would have to be very important to me.

they tailored my uniform to me, the amuuurican army at least has pretenses of looking sharp.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 4:01 am

can't bear the feeling of t-shirts/jumpers being pulled over my head

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 5:15 am

same here plus i don't like the feeling of something form-fitting under my arms.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 9:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I hate wearing a suit, unless I am testifying as a witness for the prosecution in criminal court.

I hate wearing a uniform, unless it gets me a discount on Veteran's Day.

I'd still hate wearing those things, especially if the court suit had to be all corporate and boring (I suppose a flash, colourful suit would be too much for the stuffy bastards). But the desire for the result a corporate suit or armed services uniform might get me could tip my behavioural balance if the result was rather important to me. Otherwise it wouldn't. I've never actually worn a military uniform so I can't be sure, but there's a warning verse from the theme song of an old comedy show called The Army Game:

They shave your whiskers and cut your hair
They give you something brown to wear
The trousers don't fit anywhere
And neither does the coat

If that's anything like true, that discount would have to be very important to me.

they tailored my uniform to me, the amuuurican army at least has pretenses of looking sharp.

Well, that song was from the 1950s or earlier, so maybe things have improved. Though the British seem to have a knack for creating stupid-looking uniforms.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 10:17 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Well, that song was from the 1950s or earlier, so maybe things have improved. Though the British seem to have a knack for creating stupid-looking uniforms.

the silliest-looking uniforms IMHO would have to be these "bus driver" [army slang for air force uniforms] outfits-

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 12:44 pm

^
It's the hat that makes it look silly I think.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 5:15 pm

I hate pantyhose, tights, and women's activewear. The texture is terrible and it clings too tightly to my body. Sometimes it feels like nothing else is available in my size. It seems like a distinct fashion movement, that or a conspiracy. Stores don't have to make clothes that actually fit different women's bodies. Now we are all expected to just enter 1-size fits all flexible sausage casings and like it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 1:51 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
^
It's the hat that makes it look silly I think.

there is a vulgar slang term for those caps, initials CC, that we used. and as far as hats go, there is one thing the late P.J. O'Rourke said that i agree with, that "...A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat."

Oakling
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 5:02 am

It’s a lot easier to say what I wear than what I hate.

Seem to be in a minority here, but I need to have even pressure over my body to feel comfortable, so I wear leggings and close fitting long sleeve tops made of jersey with Lycra, two pairs of socks, and then some kind of dress over the top to make me acceptable in public and provide pockets. I generally only wear black and grey, absolutely NO PATTERNS. Everything else I hate.

I can’t stand clothing that moves and touches my skin randomly (ie loose things) drives me crazy. Also can’t stand stiff restrictive fabrics.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 10:05 am

Anything washed with scented, commercial products.
It just can't happen.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 9:50 pm

i never really cared for boxer shorts.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 12:59 pm

Anything in layers...regardless of how cold it is outside. Anything that squeezes. My mom had me convinced it was illegal for a woman to not wear a bra and as soon as I found out it wasn't, I quit wearing one. Supposedly I get a lot of weird looks from "creepy old men" but I got weird looks from men when I did wear a bra. And there are women out there who could be looking at me the "wrong" way too.

Naked Atira
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Dec 2022, 5:36 am

All clothing, pretty much.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 5:55 am

Plastic feeling clothing against my skin is horrible. I need to wear long sleeves under a jacket because polyester lining makes me feel disgusting.

I hate thin polyester blouses. I always wear a cotton camisole top underneath them so they don't touch my skin too much.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 9:14 am

Many clothes have labels. Some of these are in the inside, for example next to the back of your neck. These drive me crazy. They constantly project a scratchy pain to my neck and drive me crazy. So normally whenever I buy new clothes, I first remove these labels. I cut them off the clothes.

peaceheartco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Dec 2022, 12:17 pm

Typically, anything too tight or constricting. I like clothes that allow me some kind of freedom or movement. I also don't like clothing that is overly sexy.