Anybody actively involved in the 2022 Election?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 4:40 pm

Over the past three-weeks, my efforts in participating in the 2022 Election were done via Internet / social media. That Collective effrots of online participation alone makes a difference.

Does anybody live in (or traveled to) places with competitive Senate, House, and Governor's Races to assist in campaigning?

For people on the Autism Spectrum who devoted their time, and efforts to in-person efforts e.g., door-to-door canvasing, I ofter congratulations - esp. considering that politics are all too ripe for some very scary social situations.

Any-type of participation offered experiences to well....step-out of our comfort zones - experiences valuable to social-skills well beyond this election.

Remember, collective efforts of in-person participation makes a difference!

Since my occupation is in data analysis, digesting, and better understanding political dynamics came quite readily - I even felt there were times I breifly transcencended the "Autism Spectrum!"

Personally, I found online participation to be of value - digesting the political dynamics, handling feedback, boosting critical thinking, multitasking, etc. etc. offered that important challenge I've been seeking for awhile.

Regardless of how we participated in election efforts, experiences yielded might just prove beneficial from now, and into the future, and might just make the world (a however small) better place!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:41 pm

I voted this election and turned in our ballots yesterday at a drop box.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 3:40 am

Yes. I'm a trained election observer so I'd appreciate it if you stopped staring at my guns and just left without voting already.

Also, my task as assigned to me by the Antifa/BLM alliance is to vote for Hillary again 3-5 Million times like I did in 2016. 8)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 4:14 am

There's an election again??
For getting rid of Biden??
I thought he just started??

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 7:03 am

Nope. It’s the “midterm” elections—for control of both houses of Congress.

Biden is around until at least 1/20/2025, or the time of his demise.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 9:04 am

You guys seem to be in perpetual election-mode.
No wonder Americans always have politics on the brain.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 11:09 am

We have important elections at least once every two years.

And referenda even more often. Such as whether to legalize cannabis in a state.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 11:31 am

As an apolitical Canadian, I'm extremely disgusted and frightened by Americans' obsession with politics and how the poison has spread to many Canadians as well. It will be the literal death of us all.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 11:50 am

I strongly suspect that if (when?) the Republicans win big today, we will hear the same things we heard from the loser Dems in 2016 when Orange Man won, and from the loser Repubs in 2020 when Orange Man lost.
The losing side will rant and rave about the ballot cheating and electorate manipulation that they believe happened. There will be delayed results from the election, but ultimately, each side will settle back into their Internet echo chambers to b***h about the nasty "others" and what they secretly or openly plan to do to the country.

Darron

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 12:34 pm

If the Democrats lose, they won’t plan insurrections, claim “widespread fraud,” or deny the election results. There might be a few demands for recounts within very close races.

I don’t mind if a GOP-er who doesn’t believe all the Trump crap is elected. I certainly hope the Democrat wins as Governor of New York, since the Republican candidate is a Trump loyalist.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 12:50 pm

Please review the main topic of this discussion thread.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 1:23 pm

I observed people putting ballots into drop boxes. They each appeared to place one ballot in the box, but since I know they were democrats based on the fact that they arrived in a Toyota Prius and weren’t packing heat, I’m 100% certain they were trained by slight of hand illusionists to conduct ballot dumps of dozens of fraudulent votes at a time while only appearing to be placing a single ballot into the box.

I’m already in talks with the mules documentary people about a sequel and mike pillow reached out and inquired about product placement within the film. We’re talking pillows, slippers, everything!! !

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 1:26 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
There's an election again??
For getting rid of Biden??
I thought he just started??

No elections don't just happen every four years. They happen every year and people vote for new laws in their state or for new state senates, etc. Here in Oregon, Elections happen in May and this time of year.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 1:28 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I observed people putting ballots into drop boxes. They each appeared to place one ballot in the box, but since I know they were democrats based on the fact that they arrived in a Toyota Prius and weren’t packing heat, I’m 100% certain they were trained by slight of hand illusionists to conduct ballot dumps of dozens of fraudulent votes at a time while only appearing to be placing a single ballot into the box.

I’m already in talks with the mules documentary people about a sequel and mike pillow reached out and inquired about product placement within the film. We’re talking pillows, slippers, everything!! !

I dropped in two ballots, I must be committing election fraud. :lol:
That is according to the conspiracy theorists who see what they want to see. I was dropping off my husband's ballot for him and mine.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 2:37 pm

League_Girl wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I dropped in two ballots, I must be committing election fraud. :lol:
That is according to the conspiracy theorists who see what they want to see. I was dropping off my husband's ballot for him and mine.

This is my election observer uniform as supplied after the completion of my training!

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 3:37 pm

My state was voting on the legalization of recreational Marijuana for people 21 and over. I had to vote no.

Reason number 1: The smell gives my dad migraines. There's a woman who lives in the house across from our backyard and she smokes weed. The wind blows and that smell gets in our house. My youngest brother and his girlfriend used to live downstairs until they found another house. She smoked weed constantly and I would hear my dad complain. It took so much to get that smell almost completely gone, but it's still there. The places my dad cleans during his job as a carpet cleaner, a lot of unkempt households. Imagine those people start smoking weed.

Reason number 2: Not all businesses are tolerant towards Marijuana. My mother works at a company owned by Toyota. They hired a guy and he decided to smoke marijuana at home to celebrate his new job. A few days later came the drug test urinalysis. He was fired. Marijuana does not leave your system as quickly and easily as alcohol.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.