People acting like something's neurologically wrong with you

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 11:20 am

This focus on your thought processes when you see a doctor or nurse is a part of training they receive to assess problems. It is not specifically a degrading attack upon you personally.

Doctors and nurses treat a wide variety of people with a full range of problems and they have to make important decisions quickly in order to treat the patients that come into their office.

In a way it can be a little difficult for some of us to respond verbally.

Personally I found it a lot easier to communicate in writing rather than verbally. So before you visit your doctor or nurse, you might right down why you are seeing the doctor or nurse before the visit and then pass on the information in writing at the start of the conversation.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 4:46 pm

I don't like being lumped together with autism because then you get treated like you're low-functioning. Take the covid jabs for example. People with ASD are one of the top priority groups, even mild high-functioning cases like myself with no additional underlying health problems. I googled why autism makes you high priority for a covid vaccine is because we're so socially inept that we don't understand social distancing rules or that we are so unable to tell how we're feeling that we might shrivel up and die if we get bad symptoms instead of knowing the right way to treat ourselves. Seriously, I don't want to be treated like that. I am no more likely to die from covid as the next 32-year-old in good health. I do not want to be treated like I'm disabled. In fact, as far as I know, I haven't actually had covid (or if I did, no symptoms) and I'm always washing my hands and taking other precautions, even now. I don't need to be in the top priority for a forth covid jab.

Last bumped by Joe90 on 06 Dec 2022, 4:46 pm.