Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 9:18 am

I feel like Tex is just upset that a guy like Abbott got re-elected.

I doubt, if he would read about Mao, that he would hold a positive opinion of Mao.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Nov 2022, 9:19 am

Suggesting a Mao-style revolution was not a well thought-out plan. If such a thing happened, whether espoused by the left or the right, those who begged for it would grow sorry in a pretty short space of time.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Nov 2022, 9:21 am

That said, I have to say that Mr Abbott sounds like a fruitcake too, an indigestible one.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 9:45 am

Hucklebitch won in my state.So depressing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 10:21 am

i am so thankful that it appears we were spared the worst of the damage.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 10:43 am

Either way, a Commune might give Tex the communist feel he's after, without him being harmed. As long as it's not one of those kooky religious cults where they all live together and are abused by the leader. But, a nice piece of land where everyone works towards a goal of food and lodgings, somebody makes the clothing, a village raising the children would be relatively safe, I think. I don't see any harm in that.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2022, 11:04 am

Give Philadelphia a look! It's the poorest big city in the US and if their pro wrestling fan community is any indication, a pretty safe haven for nerds. Plus as a sports fan I absolutely LOVE that all 3 of their major league stadiums/arenas are conveniently located in a single complex in South Philly 8)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 6:48 pm

How else can we get the following in Texas between now and 2026 (at the earliest) without doing anything drastic?

1. Legal marijuana

2. Legal abortion (meaning unrestricted, on-demand, without apology, and fully taxpayer-funded)

3. Public nudity legalized (this includes repealing the dick pic ban Abbott signed into law in '19)

4. LGBT+ getting full rights

5. Hate speech criminalized

6. Universal health care

7. 100% renewable energy

8. Gun control--preferably a total ban on guns

9. A working power grid.

10. Death penalty abolished.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 7:08 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
How else can we get the following in Texas between now and 2026 (at the earliest) without doing anything drastic?

1. Legal marijuana

2. Legal abortion (meaning unrestricted, on-demand, without apology, and fully taxpayer-funded)

3. Public nudity legalized (this includes repealing the dick pic ban Abbott signed into law in '19)

4. LGBT+ getting full rights

5. Hate speech criminalized

6. Universal health care

7. 100% renewable energy

8. Gun control--preferably a total ban on guns

9. A working power grid.

10. Death penalty abolished.

I take it back. What about a nudist colony...? With your attitude you'll require a sponsor, or maybe just a sugar daddy or mama, depending on your attraction. I will warn you that anytime you 'marry' for money, you earn every penny.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 8:19 pm

there is nothing more spiritually exhausting than to live in a backwards place, and to be stuck there due to the lack of financial talent. there is nothing more infuriating than to be told "love it or leave it" when one is thusly stuck.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 8:48 pm

If I was stuck somewhere I didn't want to be I would try and make contact with a friend who lived where I wanted to live, ask them if I could pitch a tent if I could make it there? Then, if I were Tex's age, I might try and hop a train. I see trains running parallel all the way to work every morning, they aren't going all that fast and they have empty spots on them where a person could go unnoticed. But, one would need a level of strength and fitness to hop on.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 8:53 pm

ever see a movie, "emperor of the north"? the train companies hire thugs to make sure there are no free riders. they can be brutal.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 8:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ever see a movie, "emperor of the north"? the train companies hire thugs to make sure there are no free riders. they can be brutal.

No, I haven't see that. I'll add 'fast' to the list of physical attributes needed to be a successful train hopper. I must still be a thing though, because I see drunks trying it at RXR crossings. They just bounce off.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 8:59 pm

Abbott will not stop at abortion. He will ban same-sex marriage, non-procreational sex, and unmarried couples living together, if SCOTUS rules similarly in the relevant cases as they did with Roe v. Wade.

Remember, this is a guy who thinks that rape victims "shoulda kept their legs closed". I know exactly what he's capable of.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 9:22 pm

I don't believe tax payers should be forced to pay for abortions. Funding should come from the ones who believe in it, there are plenty of wealthy people out there who will help. That being said, I do believe that abortion should be legal up until the neurological system has developed, regardless of how the woman fell pregnant. The babies/fetuses can feel the pain of being ripped apart, or mummified with saline, once they have an intact neurological system. We don't do that to criminals, it would be seen as cruel and unusual.
It's not a lot to ask that a person who wants an abortion make the decision early on, to preserve abortion itself. And if I'm honest, I think that's why we are where we are. The thoughts of a full term infant being partially born (the head and neck delivered) and the doctor snipping it's spinal column is just awful. And to know that my money may have paid for that is just more than I can take.
I work with kids who have all sorts of syndromes, autism, etc... So, I'm very biased when it comes to people saying they want longer so they can abort it if it's defective.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 9:29 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Abbott will not stop at abortion. He will ban same-sex marriage, non-procreational sex, and unmarried couples living together, if SCOTUS rules similarly in the relevant cases as they did with Roe v. Wade.

Remember, this is a guy who thinks that rape victims "shoulda kept their legs closed". I know exactly what he's capable of.

How will he know if someone is engaging in non-procreational sex? I see how he might find out about what abortion clinics are up to, despite HIPPA. But, I don't understand how he would become privy to the sex part.