The damage of my life being worse bc of outside forces

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 7:23 pm

You’re at an age where hopefully, you’ll be looking to move out soon, and into your own place. Limiting your time around people discussing politics is what I’d do. I had family members with differing political views and opinions & dinner parties were a nightmare at times listening to them ranting & raving,even enjoying heated debates with each other.

My plan would be to …

1. If you don’t already have a job, part-time or otherwise, start looking.

2. Start saving & preparing to buy the basic essentials for a place to live … no matter how slow the progress.

3. Reduce your exposure to people and political conversations that cause you stress.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 2:28 am

This is just one example of the world seeming so unjust. This guy clearly did not intend hit him on the head(his momentum was going downward and the opposing player suddenly started going down)and he got ejected less than a minute into a conference championship game.
Another part of it is that many people actually think otherwise, obviously including the dumbasses that made it so that players would be tossed in those scenarios, regardless of intent. Frankly, that’s a very cruel way of thinking.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 6:26 am

They have to be strict as far as head injuries are concerned. Otherwise, football might be banned.

Not to mention all the lawsuits related to concussions.

Yep. It’s not fair. The guy might have played a good game, and been noticed by NFL scouts. Maybe the difference between being a first round draft pick and a lower-round draft pick.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 9:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They have to be strict as far as head injuries are concerned. Otherwise, football might be banned.

Not to mention all the lawsuits related to concussions.

Yep. It’s not fair. The guy might have played a good game, and been noticed by NFL scouts. Maybe the difference between being a first round draft pick and a lower-round draft pick.
What does kicking out players that do things unintentionally do to help with that?

Some occurrences in sports are unavoidable, especially in football. That's why they wear helmets.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 10:51 pm

I agree with you.

It’s not fair.

I would be pissed if I got thrown out for that.

Helmets do not provide optimum protection.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 12:35 am

I had to completely change careers. I'm not sure how, but I made it through my 'first choice' of professions long enough to get vested. When I was finally diagnosed, I understood why I experienced things the way I did and reacted. I was completely overwhelmed. I found a job with tons of routine and repetition, that has made all the difference. Also working with kids who are like I was/am makes me laugh.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.