Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2022, 8:56 pm

Wondering what reason there are to play SimCity (4 or 5)

Beyond looking at pretty buildings, what is there to the game?

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2022, 12:18 am

Have you played SkyLines?

SimCity imploded when SimCity 5 came out. The franchise was shut down.

They screwed up badly and made it always online for a single player game. They fixed it but I have no idea if the game is any good. Sim City 4 was pretty good but I just remember it felt like more work after a while because it focused on building multiple cities.

jalila
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2022, 6:35 pm

Creative expression: SimCity allows players to use their imagination and creativity to design and build their own cities, choosing where to place buildings, roads, and other features.

Strategic thinking: As players manage their cities, they must make decisions about how to allocate resources, balance budgets, and respond to various challenges and emergencies.

Problem-solving: As players play SimCity, they will encounter a variety of problems and challenges that require them to think critically and use their problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles and keep their cities running smoothly.

Social interaction: Many players enjoy playing SimCity with friends or online communities, where they can collaborate and compete with others to build the most successful and thriving cities.

Sense of accomplishment: As players progress through the game and their cities grow and thrive, they can experience a sense of accomplishment and pride in their achievements.

AnomalousAspergian
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2023, 4:30 pm

misha00 wrote:

I always enjoyed playing Sim City, however:

In Sim city 4 I always ended up bankrupt and something always went wrong which resulted in me feeling frustrated and unable to want to play after being on it for hours.

Sim City 5 (SimCity) was good and more intuitive but the city space was always a bit too confined.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2023, 1:06 am

misha00 wrote:

To me it is nurturing a city and then a region until it becomes something larger than life. Also you notice how it takes on it's own little culture. I also like the mods as it keeps it interesting. As someone who has been involved in zoning and development, it allows me to test ideas and it is almost like visiting a city if you will (I have my current city and home town downloaded, which I think is rather neat).

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2023, 3:52 pm

I like these games, its less game and more rather casual

skylines fan as well as i like trying to play for its achievements mostly

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135