Is it pointless to have sex just to say ''you've done it'' ?

Page 4 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 5:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Casual sex without personal regard, from personal experience, hurts a lot of people.

If it hurts, you’re doing it wrong. Use lube.

Wise words, indeed. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 5:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It's still pointless to have sex just for the sake of some "status."

Not if some “status,” has a point to you.

It doesn't, for me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 6:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I've seen people post here that they want to end their life because they've never lost their virginity. It's a tragedy because "sex is not life," nor does being a virgin or not being a virgin determine one's worth.

I find that sort of thinking cringeworthy but sad.
And there is nothing anyone can say to alleviate their distress.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 9:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Casual sex without personal regard, from personal experience, hurts a lot of people.

Considering that a great many people first have sex in their early 20s, as best as I can recall I never needed lube to have intercourse with a woman in her early 20s. When I was 22, I once dated a 28-year-old who was once dry for some reason and needed lube. She had it in her bed table so I guess this was something she occasionally experienced. When I say lube wasn't needed I also mean no foreplay either. Perhaps there was a minor bit of resistance to penetration at the very beginning.

My wife and I have needed lube since menopause but to me as a young person it was an alien concept.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 9:27 pm

The whole thing is:

I wasn’t making a JUDGMENT about anything.

I was only conveying MY OPINION.

My feeling is there are certain people who just like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I have no time for that stuff. I have enough crap on my mind.

My feeling about casual sex: to each their own.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 8:33 pm

amykitten wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
While passions can be strong, is best not to until you find a "Keeper".

Why? People may be single for their whole life and never find someone to settle down with so they should remain a virgin even if they get an oppotunity not to be?

I agree here.

kuze
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2022, 2:58 am

For some, sex is easy come, easy go. For others it means everything. For the rest of us, somewhere in-between. If at first you dont succeed, pick yourself up and try again.

kuze

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 12:07 pm

MaxE wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Considering that a great many people first have sex in their early 20s, as best as I can recall I never needed lube to have intercourse with a woman in her early 20s. When I was 22, I once dated a 28-year-old who was once dry for some reason and needed lube. She had it in her bed table so I guess this was something she occasionally experienced. When I say lube wasn't needed I also mean no foreplay either. Perhaps there was a minor bit of resistance to penetration at the very beginning.

My wife and I have needed lube since menopause but to me as a young person it was an alien concept.

Lube is for very tight vaginas and pretty much all buttholes. It’s not just for older drier vaginas, so people of all ages of sexual consent can utilize it as needed in their sex lives.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 12:57 pm

I think that would be a very pointless thing to do.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 12:09 am

kuze wrote:
For some, sex is easy come, easy go. For others it means everything. For the rest of us, somewhere in-between. If at first you dont succeed, pick yourself up and try again.

kuze

Better yet, reuse the penile pump and tighten those ties. 8)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 12:22 am

Yes, it is pointless. And extremely unimpressive.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 9:33 am

I have yet to actually have sex but I came VERY close with my old boyfriend as a teenager!

Sex is something I want to experience however it is next-to-impossible while I am living at my mom's house having to take care of her

I really need to figure out a way to untether from my mom...

EDIT: I am afraid my mom will try to stop me from dating and possibly marrying this new man!

I'm so SICK of her control

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 1:02 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I have yet to actually have sex but I came VERY close with my old boyfriend as a teenager!

Do you mean you and he were regularly getting naked and having fun, but you never let him penetrate you, or that you literally never did anything sexual with him but seriously considered it?
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Sex is something I want to experience however it is next-to-impossible while I am living at my mom's house having to take care of her

Unless your mother has literally locked you inside, if there's somebody you want to have sex with then nothing should be stopping you from just getting a hotel room for that purpose, even if just for an hour.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 1:19 pm

MaxE wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Do you mean you and he were regularly getting naked and having fun, but you never let him penetrate you, or that you literally never did anything sexual with him but seriously considered it?
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Unless your mother has literally locked you inside, if there's somebody you want to have sex with then nothing should be stopping you from just getting a hotel room for that purpose, even if just for an hour.

Not everyone can afford a hotel room to be fair. But it is a good idea for those that can.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 1:19 pm

MaxE wrote:

The latter

Penetration leads to pregnancy and I don't want to get pregnant

MaxE wrote:

I wish but my new boyfriend is 3 hours away and I won't see him for a while

I am miserable being stuck here living with my mom so next year I'm finally DOING something about it!

autisticduck
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Dec 2022, 4:34 pm

By definition, if you've done it just to say you've done it, then being able to say you've done it was the point of doing it. So, no, it isn't pointless to have sex just to say you've done it, because the point of doing it was to be able to say you've done it.