Who else works in the mental health field?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,522
Location: Europe

13 Nov 2022, 2:03 pm

I am an ADHD and ASD therapist. It's a beautiful job but very demanding. I see on average 7 to 8 clients a day, 50 minute sessions on an 8 hour work day. I'm exhausted when the day is done :skull:

Anyone else working in the field?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,061
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Nov 2022, 3:05 pm

I got a degree in speech pathology—but I am not presently working as a therapist.

Congratulations on your success! I remember you from a few years ago.



Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,522
Location: Europe

14 Nov 2022, 2:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I got a degree in speech pathology—but I am not presently working as a therapist.

Congratulations on your success! I remember you from a few years ago.


Thank you! I still feel quite overwhelmed with adult life regularly, but things have definitely gotten better for me with time.



Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 568

17 Nov 2022, 2:36 am

I used to do work in that field. I didn't have any degrees or anything, but I got quite a lot of certifications on the job which had to be regularly renewed. It was a very demanding, but rewarding job.



Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,522
Location: Europe

28 Dec 2022, 6:12 pm

Worthless wrote:
I used to do work in that field. I didn't have any degrees or anything, but I got quite a lot of certifications on the job which had to be regularly renewed. It was a very demanding, but rewarding job.


Ah, may I ask why you stopped?



Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,275
Location: New York City (Queens)

17 Jan 2023, 7:27 pm

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

I don't work in the mental health field myself, but I would like to call your attention to an organization you might not be aware of: the Association of Neurodivergent Therapists, based in the U.K., founded in spring 2021. As far as I am aware, this is the world's first professional association of neurodivergent people in any profession.

Hopefully similar organizations will form in other countries, the sooner the better.


_________________
- Autistic in NYC - Resources and new ideas for the autistic adult community in the New York City metro area.
- Autistic peer-led groups (via text-based chat, currently) led or facilitated by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group.
- My Twitter (new as of 2021)


FletcherArrow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 20 Oct 2019
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 390
Location: usa

24 Jan 2023, 10:15 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
I am an ADHD and ASD therapist. It's a beautiful job but very demanding. I see on average 7 to 8 clients a day, 50 minute sessions on an 8 hour work day. I'm exhausted when the day is done :skull:

Anyone else working in the field?


7-8 patients a day is too much even for an NT therapist!! !! !!

Are you an LMHC or a Psy.D.???