Who else works in the mental health field?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 2:03 pm

I am an ADHD and ASD therapist. It's a beautiful job but very demanding. I see on average 7 to 8 clients a day, 50 minute sessions on an 8 hour work day. I'm exhausted when the day is done :skull:

Anyone else working in the field?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 3:05 pm

I got a degree in speech pathology—but I am not presently working as a therapist.

Congratulations on your success! I remember you from a few years ago.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 2:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I got a degree in speech pathology—but I am not presently working as a therapist.

Congratulations on your success! I remember you from a few years ago.

Thank you! I still feel quite overwhelmed with adult life regularly, but things have definitely gotten better for me with time.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 2:36 am

I used to do work in that field. I didn't have any degrees or anything, but I got quite a lot of certifications on the job which had to be regularly renewed. It was a very demanding, but rewarding job.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2022, 6:12 pm

Worthless wrote:
I used to do work in that field. I didn't have any degrees or anything, but I got quite a lot of certifications on the job which had to be regularly renewed. It was a very demanding, but rewarding job.

Ah, may I ask why you stopped?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 7:27 pm

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

I don't work in the mental health field myself, but I would like to call your attention to an organization you might not be aware of: the Association of Neurodivergent Therapists, based in the U.K., founded in spring 2021. As far as I am aware, this is the world's first professional association of neurodivergent people in any profession.

Hopefully similar organizations will form in other countries, the sooner the better.

FletcherArrow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2023, 10:15 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
I am an ADHD and ASD therapist. It's a beautiful job but very demanding. I see on average 7 to 8 clients a day, 50 minute sessions on an 8 hour work day. I'm exhausted when the day is done :skull:

7-8 patients a day is too much even for an NT therapist!! !! !!

Are you an LMHC or a Psy.D.???

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 3:11 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

I don't work in the mental health field myself, but I would like to call your attention to an organization you might not be aware of: the Association of Neurodivergent Therapists, based in the U.K., founded in spring 2021. As far as I am aware, this is the world's first professional association of neurodivergent people in any profession.

Hopefully similar organizations will form in other countries, the sooner the better.

Thank you so much. That's useful. I will have a look at it.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 3:13 pm

FletcherArrow wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

7-8 patients a day is too much even for an NT therapist!! ! ! ! !

Are you an LMHC or a Psy.D.???

What do LMHC and Psy.D mean? I am from Europe.

And yes I don't know how other therapists do it. To me it feels like running a marathon every day.