Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

M11
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2022, 4:34 pm

So I’ve tried to research this and can’t find much on the specific topic I’m wondering if anyone ever experiences anything similar.

During my working days I’m full of action and am very productive at what I do but on days off when I don’t go out to do the shopping or something with my partner I’ll watch a few episodes of something and then get bored. After that If I’m not doing anything that requires a bit of mental stimulation I’ll have a NAP and wake up feeling more fatigued but I know for instance if I was in work I would be fine to do all the tasks that were required of me so it all feels a bit strange.

Does anyone else experience anything similar?

timf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 7:20 am

Many modern work environments set a pace that results in a sort of debilitation after work. Depleted energy levels have to be restored on your own hours. This can even be done willingly as one may find a sort of exhilaration at work that contributes to stealing vitality from your off hours.

ADHD medication (speed) can also require off hour "recharge".

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 9:31 am

I have had that experience.
A blood test showed that I had Lyme.

Not_Otherwize_Specified
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2022, 6:04 pm

I'm kinda in between jobs and work part time but when I worked full time, or 40 hours here is the US, I always felt tired when I wasn't working. It felt good to have consistency with a job and a steady income but my sleep schedule was crap and often I would fall asleep for hours after I got home, wake up around 8 or 9pm, stay up until 1 or even 3am then fall back asleep until I had to leave for work the next day. I blame my constant sleepiness on my poor sleeping habits and not getting a solid 7-8 hours. Having ADHD makes time management that much harder and when it's late at night and I'm still awake it's easy to dismiss how you will feel the next day because at the moment I feel fine. I have made a point to try to stay away from caffeine after 5pm or earlier because it seems to make me strangely MORE sleepy/fatigued if I drink too much but of course keeps me up if I drink it too late. So I do feel more energized when my sleep is more solid and I manage my caffeine, it's just staying consistent with it that's hard... I hope this is somehow helpful

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 7:02 pm

I don't have ADHD or ADD.

Mine is more or less about my stress levels, week's worth of sleep and hormonal fluctuations...
And if I just woke up good at really random days and it happened to be on day offs, yeah, I'd go out of pleasure.

I work full time. 6-12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Not strenuous, but it's a work that emphasizes my weaknesses.

Usually, I do go out at weekends, do chores and still do some office work.

But if it's a really stressful week, particularly mentally and emotionally, I just stay in bed all day, locked in my room, doing nothing but scroll on the phone and nap. I may or may not bother all day eat even.

Somehow, my boss observed -- if I go idle -- there's no adrenaline to go around so I'd either find something to do, stare at nothing, or fall asleep. The latter I'm sure carried from my childhood.

And caffeine just won't work well with me.
In fact I'm not allowed to eat anything sugary or stimulating without messing my already unreliable executive functioning any more than it is.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Not_Otherwize_Specified
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Nov 2022, 1:54 pm

Wow, Edna3362 you work a lot of hours! I would be exhausted lol. When you mentioned that caffeine doesn't work well with you what do you mean exactly? Do you have a strong reaction to it or other substances? In my case, Caffeine can make me very anxious if I drink too much and also cause me to have mood swings and depressive episodes. Also, when you said you go idle do you mean like if your not moving around/ up and about often?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 6:25 pm

Not_Otherwize_Specified wrote:
When you mentioned that caffeine doesn't work well with you what do you mean exactly? Do you have a strong reaction to it or other substances?

Yes. This includes the food I eat.

Caffeine doesn't usually make me alert and perked up -- I only drink coffee because of the taste.
Tea is something I just try and see what happens.
But sure while, say, coca cola does perk me up a bit, but at the cost of everything else; focus, attention span, etc.

It just makes me dysregulated one way or another...
Ranging from tremors, overwhelm and restlessness, to mood swings, sleepiness and brain fog depending on the dose, brand and whatever else is mixed in.

Quote:
Also, when you said you go idle do you mean like if your not moving around/ up and about often?

As in nothing. Not just not moving around but simply with nothing to pay attention to, nothing to focus on, nothing to recall over.

My hormones also gives me this weird day time sleepiness before that time of the month. It meant I need to be more involved -- having to have to work with my hands or move around to keep me awake.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 8:19 pm

I don't have ADHD but I have a fatigue issue, too. I've had a blood test and sleep apnea test, but no problem was detected. When I have to, I can focus and be very alert. I get work done without mistakes. When I am at home, all I do is just a bit of leisure Internet browsing, eating and then many hours of sleeping. I can easily sleep for 15 hours. Then, when I wake up, I'm still sleepy and can easily fall asleep again. I have very little time to do anything productive. I feel I exist to sleep.

MOONTRIPS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2022, 8:09 am

I have fatigue struggles and been checked for multiple common contributors. it is probably at least partially an ADHD issue, given my sleep struggles, which definitely stem from ADHD. to clarify, I do not have a job. going out for any period of time will always result in me being exhausted once I return home. my energy levels are low overall, I guess.
I can have soda or some coffee, caffeine does nothing for me. well, at a higher dosage, I get jitters and it's unpleasant, but that's all. energy drinks are a no. the only time coffee gave me jitters so far though, is one time when I had a latte from McDonald's. still, I'm careful, and usually don't drink coffee, unless it's iced coffee or something.
so uhhhhhhhh, not sure it's similar, but I definitely deal with fatigue.

zzyzzy
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Nov 2022, 8:00 pm

Right now, I'm totally exhausted and can't do anything. After a run in with a dean of a high school, students giving me the finger, I left and quit my substitute teaching assignment. What I've learned over the past year, is the harsh reality that I must accept that I will never be accepted.