University of Virginia, Charlottesville mass shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 4:40 am

3 dead, 2 injured in shooting at UVA

Quote:
3 people are dead and 2 more are injured after a shooting at the University of Virginia.

The shooting happened around 10:30 p.m. Sunday on Culbreth Road at a parking garage behind the Drama building.

UVA has confirmed the suspect, Christopher Darnell Jones, Jr., is a student at the university.

Jones was listed as a member of the UVA football team in 2018.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 9:54 pm

Suspect caught in fatal shooting of 3 U.Va. football players

Quote:
A University of Virginia student and former member of the school’s football team fatally shot three current players as they returned from a field trip, authorities said, setting off panic and a 12-hour lockdown of the campus until the suspect was captured Monday.

Students who were told to shelter in place beginning late Sunday described terrifying hours in hiding. While police searched for the gunman through the night, students sought safety in closets, dorm rooms, libraries and apartments. They listened to police scanners and tried to remember everything they were taught as children during active-shooter drills.

University President Jim Ryan said authorities did not have a “full understanding” of the motive or circumstances of the shooting.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman