Do you think she might find me unattractive?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,699
Location: Near London United Kingdom

14 Nov 2022, 8:48 am

I was hanging out with some girls the other night at the bar. One of the girls who i know sat on the lap of her female friend.

I asked her if she wanted to sit on my lap ane she said to me "You wish".

Do you think her response might imply that she finds me unattractive?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,194
Location: Queens, NYC

14 Nov 2022, 8:53 am

It means she thought you were being sleazy.

There's many better ways to try to get to know a woman.

Anyway....if she immediately sat on some guy's lap right away, she's probably not the "relationship" type.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,699
Location: Near London United Kingdom

14 Nov 2022, 8:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It means she thought you were being sleazy.

There's many better ways to try to get to know a woman.

Anyway....if she immediately sat on some guy's lap right away, she's probably not the "relationship" type.



Maybe if i was 6ft4 with long legs she would have said yes :)


Yes i know its not good to be sleazy



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,998

14 Nov 2022, 8:57 am

Not someone who has good morals. (Not unless she was using her humour with you expecting you to say something downgrading towards her in return as a clever comeback).



Last edited by Mountain Goat on 14 Nov 2022, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 472

14 Nov 2022, 8:58 am

Not always. But if I was out and no seats were available I'd stand or be closer to my female friends unless pursuing a guy.

I would say something like that to divert attention. Maybe offering her your seat and going along the more noble route would be better.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,699
Location: Near London United Kingdom

14 Nov 2022, 9:04 am

I am guessing she didnt find me sexually attractive?

I once saw a 6ft5 guy and 2 ladies sat on his lap at the same time



Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,591

14 Nov 2022, 9:06 am

She likely said that because she thinks she's too good for you.

Amykitten's response is another possibility.


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,998

14 Nov 2022, 9:06 am

amykitten wrote:
I would say something like that to divert attention. Maybe offering her your seat and going along the more noble route would be better.


Today a man can be seen as sexist if he did that.



amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 472

14 Nov 2022, 9:10 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
amykitten wrote:
I would say something like that to divert attention. Maybe offering her your seat and going along the more noble route would be better.


Today a man can be seen as sexist if he did that.


I'm not a fan of political correctness tbh. The guy I end up will have to treat me like a princess :lol:



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,699
Location: Near London United Kingdom

14 Nov 2022, 9:12 am

She probably thought i was ugly hence "The being to good for me comment"



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,194
Location: Queens, NYC

14 Nov 2022, 9:24 am

^That's not the reason. I doubt it.

Maybe she would have said "yes" to the tall guy----maybe not.

But that's not relevant. You have to find a better way to get to know women. Because getting to know them while they're doing a lap dance on you isn't the best way. It can lead to trouble.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,699
Location: Near London United Kingdom

14 Nov 2022, 9:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
^That's not the reason. I doubt it.

Maybe she would have said "yes" to the tall guy----maybe not.

But that's not relevant. You have to find a better way to get to know women. Because getting to know them while they're doing a lap dance on you isn't the best way. It can lead to trouble.



Well isn't her saying “You wish” means she thinks she is to good for me?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,194
Location: Queens, NYC

14 Nov 2022, 9:31 am

Maybe. But that doesn't matter, either.

As others have pointed out, "taking the high road" is always better.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,699
Location: Near London United Kingdom

14 Nov 2022, 9:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe. But that doesn't matter, either.

As others have pointed out, "taking the high road" is always better.




Well I workout a lot and I think I am a handsome guy in my opinion of course 8)



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,194
Location: Queens, NYC

14 Nov 2022, 9:34 am

All right. That's cool.

Still, it's better not to ask a woman to sit on your lap. I wouldn't do it.

You would look like a "playboy in training."



Last edited by kraftiekortie on 14 Nov 2022, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,699
Location: Near London United Kingdom

14 Nov 2022, 9:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
All right. That's cool.

Still, it's better not to ask a woman to sit on your lap. I wouldn't do it.



I have been compared to celebrities such as keanu reeves, David Tennant and Tom cruise. Unless those compliments were not genuine.