Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 10:25 am

I seem to think that when some people boast about their things they've done in their lives, it feels as though it doesn't really inspire me and that in some cases they come across like they are arrogant. But I don't know if they are because I clearly don't know. I saw a question being asked by someone on Quora ''Am I wasting my youth by not dating, clubbing, drinking and by not using Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter or Facebook?'' There was someone who said in response saying they are in some way wasting part of their youth by not partying and using social media and saying I'm 25, graduated college, have done quite a bit of partying and stay active on social media usually posting something on each of my accounts each day.

He spends a tremendous amount of time reading, listening to podcasts, working on his business, lifting weights, meditating, & working on improving himself. He said his days are usually packed with things to do from the time he wakes up till the time his head hits the pillow. He structures his days by putting the most brain consuming tasks in descending order ending his day with listening to a podcast or just relaxing to some Bossa Nova.

He said about partying ''I think the importance of dating changes person-to-person. For me I like the chase of talking to a girl, getting her number, going on dates and getting to know each other. It really depends on what you want from it.''

''I really do think you're doing yourself an injustice if you don't date at all. Most guys peak around 25–35 years old, you don't want to be 40 and never experienced the enjoyment of dating. Plus, girls at our age are so attractive, they're wanted by teenagers all the way through to old dudes, take advantage of it now and really have fun.''

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2022, 9:13 pm

You should check out my book "How to Ignore Boasters" its currently #1 on Amazon.

I wrote it while I was on my private jet talking to Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates about our climate change initiatives.

Its only 300 pages and thats including the part where I explain how I saved the world from nuclear disaster with a paper clip and a timely call to my friend Boris Yeltsin.

I can't really write more I am in the middle of brain surgery on a world leader that I cannot name for privacy reasons. I gotta finish this so I can make the ribbon cutting ceremony on the new factory for my startup thats going to revolutionize the way we think about urinal cakes.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 3:17 am

I feel embarrassed for those that boast. They are really embarrassing.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2022, 3:50 am

The only time I boast is when I can back it up with action. Those that know me, know of my reputation as an operatic singer. I’m uglier than sin to look at, until I open my big fat mouth to sing. :wink:

Besides, as a child, if I were to boast the same way some of my cousins boasted as a child, Mom and Dad would beat the living daylights out of me for boasting (and they did so, if I copped the “I so good” attitude my voice teacher,as an undergraduate music major, would cop on her students.

In short, actions speak louder than words. :mrgreen: