Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 9:09 pm

Why games have to be violent?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 11:41 pm

They aren't always. Some games offer comic mischief. Some games test your problem solving skills with puzzles.

If you're asking why violent videogames have to be so violent, it's complicated. You can either have a brutal depiction of good vs evil, a fighter trying to prove he's the strongest ever by executing his competition, or a sociopath doing whatever he pleases.

It depends on the target audience.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2022, 4:21 pm

I play a mix of violent and non violent games. I also have a mini me who plays pointless games too. So it just depends.

I don't play horror or first person shooters due to me being spooked easily and motion sickness with the latter.

I play time management games such as building a hospital or a school, a nice rich rpg although that does involve fighting, some visual novels where I can crush on guy characters, the sims where I can make nice families do nice things, adventure games too. There is so many out there and not all are violent.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 4:23 pm

Because being violent in real life is illegal.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 11:46 am

^^^Unless you're in a war. I'm so sure many people who start wars ever since the beginning of human history did it because video games. :roll:

I mostly play games like The Sims, Animal Crossing and Disney Dreamlight Valley. I'm sick of the moral guardians blaming everything on video games and assuming they're all too violent or dangerous for children. Such people know virtually nothing about video games, and they love to scare parents by providing misinformation about them, even games that are known to be family-friendly. Like when Animal Crossing first came out and these genius news people claimed your kid was interacting with pedophiles during the game - while they showed they player interacting Tormiter and Tom Nook, who aren't even playable characters. And then they had the absolute gall to say that no adult would ever play Animal Crossing unless they were a predator. Oh I don't know, maybe adults would play Animal Crossing because they like cute, friendly animal characters. Or customizing your own house with unusual furniture. Or catching bugs, fishing and collecting fossils. Or customizing your own clothing as the Able Sister's shop. I could go on for hours, but I guess I can't talk at all, because playing and liking the game makes me a predator. :roll: