Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 2:55 am

Trump requested IRS probes of Comey, McCabe: John Kelly tells NYT

Quote:
Former President Trump requested Internal Revenue Service (IRS) probes of two former top FBI officials, his former chief of staff John Kelly told the New York Times.

Kelly told the Times that Trump repeatedly pressed for IRS investigations of his perceived enemies and asked to “get the I.R.S. on” former FBI Director James Comey and his deputy Andrew McCabe, who became acting director after Trump fired Comey.

Kelly said he dissuaded Trump from continuing to press the investigations due to legal and ethical concerns.

However, reports surfaced earlier this year that the IRS had conducted intensive audits of both Comey and McCabe.
The tax collection agency insisted the audits were randomly conducted free from political pressure. Trump appointee Charles Rettig ran the IRS during both audits.

According to the Times, Trump also floated wielding the DOJ and IRS on Jeff Bezos, Hillary Clinton and former CIA director John Brennan.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 10:11 am

Trump just has this litigious way about him-----yet he doesn't like it when people want to litigate against him for egregious conduct

We need this man out of positions of leadership.