Autistics can't get a Disabled Persons Railcard in UK!! !

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 6:26 am

Good luck to the railway making any judgement call when our Autistic profiles can in some make using any public transport a matter of considerable difficulty and others Autistic profile able us to both use the railway with ease, build considerable understanding of its workings and sometimes that profile can be a rsal advantage to roles on the railway

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 7:44 am

Sorry you received such a response from National Rail.

I'm baffled by their reply, considering I have a Disabled Persons Railcard for my Autism, as they stated it was eligible, alongside my proof of entitlement. For that, I submitted a letter of my diagnosis from the 1990's, and my PIP letter.

I also remember boarding a faster train that my off-peak ticket wasn't eligible for. Not realising this when I showed the ticket inspector both the ticket and my Disabled Persons Railcard, he saw how anxious I grew when he was initially vexed at what I'd done wrong, and proceeded to take me to a quieter area of the carriage to explain to me in a friendly non-condescending way.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."