Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Minder
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Nov 2022, 4:43 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Minder wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
So in this context it's a lot like investing in a software company, an app producer, or a platform of some type (eg. Facebook, Twitter, etc.), just that instead of selling stock they're selling a governance or incentives token and the token is considered to be a share of ownership of the network itself.

The technology and value created is going to increasingly look like that as well the more gaming platforms (such as GALA for instance) are out there or the more distributed social media, music, and other entertainment platforms are on the block chain.

But what does this network produce?

Considering what you just quoted I'm stumped.

They make play-to-earn gaming apps? They make social media networks? They make distributed finance apps and exchanges? Automated escrow with no escrow agents? Some have commercial applications for creating a digital trail for goods such as Vechain that Louis Vuitton built? Others like Orchid are VPN providers, Helium does 5G.

What's novel or different here isn't most of the products themselves but rather how they connect and what kind of ductwork / rails that their built on - which is the blockchain ledger and the governance principles involved.

If the above still didn't answer your question you'll either have to be more specific on what you're asking or we'll have to hope someone else can explain it in a way that clicks.

Ohh, I think I see what you mean. Sorry, I didn't realize that the network was also the thing producing these apps/networks. So it's essentially an alternative to the stock market.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 4:56 pm

Minder wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Minder wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
So in this context it's a lot like investing in a software company, an app producer, or a platform of some type (eg. Facebook, Twitter, etc.), just that instead of selling stock they're selling a governance or incentives token and the token is considered to be a share of ownership of the network itself.

The technology and value created is going to increasingly look like that as well the more gaming platforms (such as GALA for instance) are out there or the more distributed social media, music, and other entertainment platforms are on the block chain.

But what does this network produce?

Considering what you just quoted I'm stumped.

They make play-to-earn gaming apps? They make social media networks? They make distributed finance apps and exchanges? Automated escrow with no escrow agents? Some have commercial applications for creating a digital trail for goods such as Vechain that Louis Vuitton built? Others like Orchid are VPN providers, Helium does 5G.

What's novel or different here isn't most of the products themselves but rather how they connect and what kind of ductwork / rails that their built on - which is the blockchain ledger and the governance principles involved.

If the above still didn't answer your question you'll either have to be more specific on what you're asking or we'll have to hope someone else can explain it in a way that clicks.

Ohh, I think I see what you mean. Sorry, I didn't realize that the network was also the thing producing these apps/networks. So it's essentially an alternative to the stock market.

Programmers are building both utility and entertainment applications on the chains, so they have typical commercial use but quite often the currencies they use for exchange are the tokens themselves.

In a way maybe this is where it takes on a more unique dimension and is no longer quite stock in that I don't know of any places that stocks, other than on stock exchanges themselves, are treated like currency.

For the creation of Bitcoin it seems like the core concern was Darwinian game theory, the temptation of central governments to dilute the value of fiat currency, and hence Bitcoin - permanently capped at 21 million units - presents a digital asset which can't be mined past the 21 millionth coin and thus adds another dimension of difficulty and gives people even in countries like Argentina, Turkey, Venezuela, etc. a way to get rid of their Boulivar, Lira, Peso, etc. and hold something else if they're not allowed to purchase USD. Similarly the same idea would apply for their ability to purchase stable coins such as Tether or USDC. The idea there is it can be both a hedge against inflation and against hyperinflation, it's just that right now BTC is still being treated as a speculative asset and accordingly it's rise and fall seems to map almost exactly to S&P 500 - at least when there isn't a Terra Luna or FTX type fiasco in process.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 5:41 pm

Ted Cruz chiming in about his concerns as to Congress's readiness to draft coherent legislation at present:

It sounds to me like they really need to have a special subcommittee, based on subject matter literacy, to draft the legislation if the alternative is having legislation drawn up by people who hardly know a thing about it.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 7:22 am

ive got Giseles autograph , shes involved in this too thru her husband Brady