Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MarinaBee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Nov 2022, 12:59 pm

Any of you on here who are self employed or who are on disability and volunteer? I have disability benefits and I'm turning 30 next year. I'm thinking about volunteering at my local library. I'd like to run an etsy shop but my procrastination is a hindrance. I learned to crochet recently and I love it but I feel my inconsistency with being motivated to finish projects will definitely be an issue. I have ADHD and Autism together. (anybody else have both? )

CheddarBetter
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Feb 2024, 11:18 am

Being self-employed and dealing with ADHD and Autism has been quite a journey for me. Like you, I've seen good and bad days, especially with keeping up with my work and sorting out business stuff. Thinking about volunteering at your local library sounds like an excellent idea, and starting an Etsy shop for your crochet could be rewarding. It's just about finding what methods help you stay on track.

One problem I ran into was not getting paid for my work sometimes, which is tough when you work for yourself. It was stressful, but I learned some excellent tips on dealing with it without getting upset or messing up my client relationship. The main thing was to talk things out clearly and ensure everything was agreed on in writing right at the beginning. If you're worried about the whole Self employed and not been paid situation, remember there are ways and help to ensure you get your money.