Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Oui 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ji 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Ja 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Si 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,569
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

17 Nov 2022, 2:07 pm

:ninja:


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,510

17 Nov 2022, 2:34 pm

Yippee Ki Yay, mofos to anyone who thinks it isn't. :ninja:


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,569
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

17 Nov 2022, 2:59 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
Yippee Ki Yay, mofos to anyone who thinks it isn't. :ninja:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :ninja:


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 53,433

17 Nov 2022, 3:46 pm

I've never seen it.

Who dies hard?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,569
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

17 Nov 2022, 3:53 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've never seen it.

Who dies hard?

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Now you have to watch it and find out. :ninja:


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,051
Location: Pennsylvania

17 Nov 2022, 3:58 pm

Silly old question - comes up every so often.
My favorite variation is to point that there are more deaths in White Christmas (1954) off screen than in Die Hard.
It is a Christmas movie, (by some definitions) and I will not be watching it with my family.

If you are looking for Christmas movies that are faith based and Christian in tone and message you might want to look here:

decentfilms.com - articles - Christmas movies
decentfilms.com - articles - Trouble with Christmas movies
decentfilms.com - blog - Still Christmas
decentfilms.com - tags - Seasonal Viewing


_________________
ADHD-I(diagnosed) ASD-HF(undiagnosed - maybe)
RDOS scores - Aspie score 131/200 - neurotypical score 69/200 - very likely Aspie


Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,051
Location: Pennsylvania

17 Nov 2022, 4:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've never seen it.

Who dies hard?


Plot Summary here:
Wikipedia - Die Hard

Who dies (with various degrees of hardness):
listofdeaths.fandom.com - wiki - Die Hard

I think the title of the film is supposed to describe the hero played by Bruce Willis as John McClane, a New York City police detective.

He is hard headed, hard hearted (with the bad guys), hard nosed, a hard act to follow and hard to kill making him an (arguably) great action hero.

If you can ever take Bruce seriously that is.

I can't stop thinking of him as that goofy guy from Moonlighting, doing Three Stooges impressions.


_________________
ADHD-I(diagnosed) ASD-HF(undiagnosed - maybe)
RDOS scores - Aspie score 131/200 - neurotypical score 69/200 - very likely Aspie


Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,510

17 Nov 2022, 5:50 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've never seen it.

Who dies hard?

You have to watch it!


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,569
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

17 Nov 2022, 10:51 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've never seen it.

Who dies hard?

You have to watch it!

Yep. Those are the rules.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,594
Location: Virginia

17 Nov 2022, 10:54 pm

I have yet to see this.

Fatman (2020)

I like Mel Gibson films in general.


_________________
"We disagree."


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,762
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

17 Nov 2022, 11:06 pm

I've never seen it so IDK.


But idk I guess any movie can be a Christmas movie if you watch it around that day and end up making a Christmas tradition out of it or something.


_________________
We won't go back.


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,380
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

17 Nov 2022, 11:23 pm

Wasn't it released in the summer, like Gremlins?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,569
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

17 Nov 2022, 11:42 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I've never seen it so IDK.


But idk I guess any movie can be a Christmas movie if you watch it around that day and end up making a Christmas tradition out of it or something.

It takes place at Christmas time.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,569
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

17 Nov 2022, 11:43 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Wasn't it released in the summer, like Gremlins?

Dunno.

Maybe it was Christmas in July ?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,051
Location: Pennsylvania

18 Nov 2022, 4:22 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
I have yet to see this.

Fatman (2020)

I like Mel Gibson films in general.


FWIW Chris Kringle is not "the secret identity of Santa" but comes from the German word Christkindl, meaning Christ child, because German children believe that the baby Jesus brings presents during the Christmas season.

Just saying.

(also "Olive" is not the name of a reindeer

Wikipedia - Olive, the Other Reindeer (1999)

)

An "ok" not-really-Christmas-Christman-Movie with an action/adventure theme is:

Wikipedia - Rise of the Guardians (2012)

I really liked these really-Christmas-Christmas-Movies:

angel.com - watch - The Chosen - Videos - Bonus - The Shepherd
angel.com - watch - The Chosen - Videos - Bonus - Our Big Christmas Special
+ Christmas with The Chosen: The Messengers


My family and I have watched this one for several years and we all like it:

Wikipedia - The Nativity Story


_________________
ADHD-I(diagnosed) ASD-HF(undiagnosed - maybe)
RDOS scores - Aspie score 131/200 - neurotypical score 69/200 - very likely Aspie


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,107
Location: Queens, NYC

20 Nov 2022, 3:18 pm

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)