Page 1 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 1:49 pm

I guess that’s the sort of hardened look you have when you just spent several years as chief prosecutor in the special court at The Hague investigating war crimes in Kosovo.

Somehow I don’t think he’s going to be intimidated by any of trump’s bluster & bs.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 10:19 pm

Apparently trump threatened Jack Smith and his wife - probably some pathetic truth social posts without much substance.

I predict we won’t hear too much about Mr. Smith as he quietly goes about his work and does his thing.. then once he’s gathered all the facts and made some calculated decisions and announces actions -> either indictment(s) Or that there’s nothing prosecutable there (lol) and the case is closed.. THEN we’ll hear his name mentioned a whole lot more both in the news and by the former orange guy.

:ketchup chips: (although what I Actually just ate were spicy dill pickle chips tbh)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 6:51 pm

:lol:

Apparently trump keeps "truthing," (his fake twitter platform) nonsense about Jack Smith and his family that basically amounts to threats & forms of obstruction of justice. Basically, everything he says/writes can and will be used against him in a court of law and it's going to be glorious to watch him go down in flames for it.

There's a zero % chance Jack Smith is going to be intimidated by trump and about the same that trump's stupid words don't get used against him to further punish him for wrongdoing.

:ketchup chips:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 6:58 pm

I believe things must proceed faster. They’re moving at a glacial pace at this point.

You can’t indict a dead man.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 10:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe things must proceed faster. They’re moving at a glacial pace at this point.

You can’t indict a dead man.

I think there’s a lot of work that’s happened behind the scenes that the public isn’t privy to.

Also, Jack Smith is apparently likely to accelerate things vs slow them down, so, if things were going slowly they’re likely now kicked up a notch and he’ll get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 10:02 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 8:29 pm

I hope this guy lives up to the expectations we had put on Mueller.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 9:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I hope this guy lives up to the expectations we had put on Mueller.

Me, too.

I have greater faith in this guy. His resume makes him sound like a bamf not to be F’d with.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 7:12 pm

Special counsel Jack Smith subpoenas local officials in Trump investigation

Quote:
Special counsel Jack Smith has subpoenaed local officials in key presidential swing states for any and all communications involving former President Donald Trump, his campaign and a series of aides and allies who assisted in his effort to overturn the 2020 election.

Subpoenas were issued to top elections officials in Wayne County, Michigan; Milwaukee and Dane counties, Wisconsin; Maricopa County, Arizona; and Allegheny County, Pa. Those counties are home to Detroit, Milwaukee, Madison, Phoenix and Pittsburgh.

The existence of the subpoenas was first reported by The Washington Post on Tuesday.

The subpoena is an indication that Smith is probing into a scheme involving fake electors, a slate of individuals who signed documents purporting they were their states’ rightful electors and asserting Trump was the victor in their states even though Biden won.

A spokesperson for Milwaukee County Clerk George Christenson confirmed that Smith’s office had sent a subpoena. A copy of the document, obtained by NBC News and issued Nov. 22, asked for any and all records of communications with or involving Trump, his campaign and a list of 19 aides and allies. The subpoena sought communications from June 1, 2020, to Jan. 20, 2021.

Those aides and allies included campaign attorneys and other lawyers who worked closely on Trump's efforts to overturn his 2020 election defeat, such as Justin Clark, Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Victoria Toensing, John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell and Jenna Ellis. Bill Stepien, Trump's 2020 campaign manager, was also on that list.

An Arizona elections official confirmed that Maricopa County had received such a subpoena this month with similar demands for those communications.

"Maricopa County has received a subpoena and will comply," Fields Moseley, a county spokesperson, said.

In Allegheny County, a spokesperson confirmed receipt of the subpoena and said they have "nothing further to provide."

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 2:08 am

Since he's not wasting any time, maybe 'merica will get a nice Christmas present from him if he has something to gift by the 25th?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 2:17 am

Christmas technically ends around Januaray 8th.  So...

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
The C.P. gave to me
12 Trump Indictments...

(Does anyone have more verses?)

"C.P." = Criminal Prosecutor)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 11:49 am

On the 12th day of Of Christmas 2023
The C.P. gave to me
12 convictions

On any day, I don’t care what day,
the C.P. gave to me
The death sentence for treason being carried out.

Yep, Trump derangement syndrome and you can’t cure me. :lol:

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 2:58 pm

Special Counsel Could Decide On Trump Charges Soon With New Records Trove: Report
"You can tell it's moving quickly," said a former federal prosecutor who once served under Jack Smith, now special counsel, at the Justice Department.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jack-smi ... fd55e92b23

My guess is that charges are imminent. Based on what's in public domain, if it were my call there'd be a barrage of charges vs. just one single charge I thought I could make stick for Sure. Rather diversify the odds of convictions by charging him with everything he ought to be charged with - especially crimes that would keep him out of public office indefinitely.

trumplestiltskin knows all this, too. That's why he's gone on his truth social rants about having total immunity and having done nothing wrong.. lol, if he really believed he'd done nothing wrong he wouldn't be shouting about having total immunity. (which he doesn't.) He knows damned well that he committed multiple crimes, just never expected he'd ever have to face consequences for them because he's been criming his whole life with impunity. F'd around with the wrong gangsters this time, donnie boy..

On that note, it's a little strange that he hasn't fled the country yet and pretended he's on a golf or business trip or some BS. I bet that's coming in the not so distant future, too. No way he sticks around and shows up to court of his own free will.. he's gonna have to be flagged & grounded as a flight risk or something like that.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 11:57 pm

Does Smith have some magic formula to keep Trump alive through all the stalling tactics, delays, and appeals?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 12:10 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Does Smith have some magic formula to keep Trump alive through all the stalling tactics, delays, and appeals?

trump’s too greedy to just up and die for the rest of us.

He’s been selfish his whole life, why would you expect a selfless act for his finale?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 12:38 am

goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

trump’s too greedy to just up and die for the rest of us.

He’s been selfish his whole life, why would you expect a selfless act for his finale?

The last thing I want is for him to skate away because he died before he faced the consequences. That would only further embolden the MAGA’s because they would interpret that as further evidence that God is on their side, it would be the ultimate own the libs.

It’s not a matter of greed, it is a matter of how much at his age his body can handle him abusing it. Jack Smith knows this, that is why he is in such an apparent hurry.