Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

J4Juliette
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2022, 3:19 pm

Just to say hello and to introduce myself. I think I'm yet another of the many women who have reached later life and finally worked out why my life has often been a real struggle. I'm 56 now and on a very long waiting list to see if I can get my strong suspicion confirmed with a formal diagnosis. I'm going through a big upheaval at the moment as my 17 year civil partnership has just ended. My ex partner thinks she has ADHD and I think she is also on the spectrum and this most likely accounts for a lot of our relationship problems. It's just a shame we did not work it out sooner as we would have understood each other a lot better and maybe we would now be in a very different place, rather than me being back to living with just my 2 dogs again. They are great company but I really miss my ex-partner's random, sparky, creative mind. I imagine the Wrong Planet inhabitants also have some pretty amazing minds which I hope I get the opportunity to connect with.
Best wishes to you all.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 8:18 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 7:45 am

welcome, you are in a good place. This group has lots of information to share and lots of insights from actual lived lives as autistic. Glad you are with us.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 9:14 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. It took me my entire lifetime to figure out who I am and how I got here. I am now 74 years old. It is an amazing tale that began when I was a small child. It is quite simple really. It was due to a severe brain injury at around 3 years old. It produced a brain flip. The left side of my brain died and my right side stepped in and became me. Eventually my left side came back online but switched places and performed the duties of the right side of my brain (that exist in my sleep state). I was an entirely different person.

Thinking back I wouldn't change a thing.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 11:12 am

Welcome J4Juliette…nice to have you here… it’s a good place . Minimal amount of Flame Wars. Often sorted out when
Some piece of information that gets in the way , or gets heretofore revealed that one party or the other was aware or knowledgeable about . And the other is not . Site has its busy and less busy times . Think it is a enjoyable place.
Btw Rumours have it that dogs make for good Company, I have heard? . :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 12:33 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 1:49 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find the company comfortable.

However, I like cats! :cat:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 5:48 pm

Willkommen :mrgreen: