Like being single one minute and then the next I don't

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 5:15 pm

I don't know why but I seem to feel one minute I like being single but then the next minute feel like I don't like it. It frustrates me especially if I'm out in public I see couples who are probably the same age as me or younger and think that everything is great and happy even though I know that people are not always necessarily 100% content if they are in a relationship. I still feel as though like some other people have told me, that I'm not trying hard enough to get out there, but the thing is what more can I do if I'm not the type that goes out regularly to bars and places like that ?
I've been on some dating sites and a lot of the time, I don't get many views or messages especially from those I take a liking to and I do find myself being quite picky. I won't go up to anyone I don't know but I like in a busy public place because I feel that would be just a weird and socially awkward thing to do. I can't seem to be interesting in wanting to try out some social clubs that do various activities because they don't seem to interest me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 7:21 pm

In retrospect, I wish I was single.

It's not that my wife is really bad. It's that I like the FREEDOM of being single.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 7:31 pm

I feel like this about being single. There are pros and cons. I don't usually think about it, but when I do start thinking about the subject it can be tricky to get off my mind.