Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2022, 5:40 pm

why do we have so many problems socially? I get to the point I just want to be a hermit, and why we feel everything so deeply, get offended easily, angry as well as eccentric or odd? I don't know if I have PTSD from my life, but I also have private ''crying episodes'' or feels as if my nervous system is sensitive

timf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 7:11 am

Having a neurology that is faster, more complex, or more sensitive can present a person with so much information about his environment that processing it all can take time. In a social setting where everyone else is running on "automatic pilot", it can make one stand out in a noticeable way.

Some people mask, some use humor as a cloaking device, still others remain silent and on the fringe.

Being on the fringe is not all bad, it is often where you can meet others with whom a more compatible interaction can be found.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 1:12 pm

timf wrote:
Having a neurology that is faster, more complex, or more sensitive can present a person with so much information about his environment that processing it all can take time. In a social setting where everyone else is running on "automatic pilot", it can make one stand out in a noticeable way.

Some people mask, some use humor as a cloaking device, still others remain silent and on the fringe.

Being on the fringe is not all bad, it is often where you can meet others with whom a more compatible interaction can be found.

Yes. You took the words out of my mouth.